1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX1 cannot find custom AWB / Colour temperature setting

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by kenary820, Apr 7, 2013.

1. kenary820

kenary820 New to Mu-43

Apr 7, 2013
    Hi guys,

I just notice that I cannot change the colour temp in the WB setting. I have been googling the whole day looking for it. I also notice that the WB not in the menu list, can only be access through quick menu. I have some sort of memory of changing the the kelvin colour, but a bit confuse now.
    Body Firmware: 1.1

Need help.

Rgds,
    kenary

2. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    :confused:

Why don't you read the manual?
    Page 103 of the pdf version.

There's a lot more interesting information in the manual. :rolleyes:

3. kenary820

kenary820 New to Mu-43

Apr 7, 2013
    Hi Heck,

I was reading the manual earlier, but its the printed version. Anyway thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

Regards,
    kenary

4. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    So, did you find what you were looking for?

5. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    The WB settings illustrate one of the places where the GX-1 firmware is broken. Adjustments to the WB: AWB & Custom WB can not be made from the WB Quickmenu. Those settings can only be selected, but not adjusted. Not a significant problem unless the 4 buttons around the Menu Set button are configured to Direct AF.

There are a disturbing number of firmware items where things like menu settings don't work right, or have no effect. Ever try changing the Contrast or Saturation settings for the different modes? They have no effect.

6. w7ox

w7ox Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2010
    Phil Wheeler
    I've never considered using the Quick Menu for any item which has its own direct setting button (like WB and ISO) on the camera.

7. kenary820

kenary820 New to Mu-43

Apr 7, 2013
    I did :)

Rgds,
    kenary

8. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    Are you talking about the GX-1? The four buttons around the menu/set button can not be assigned to other functions AFAIK. So why on earth would you want to assign the functions of these buttons to other (soft) buttons? :confused:

9. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    In the CUSTOM Menu settings there is Direct Focus Area (pg 152 in the English manual). When set to ON the buttons around the menu/set button directly control the AF area location. One would probably want it to be set On if they were using the add-on EVF, so the AF area could be moved without moving the camera from your eye.