1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX1 $300 @ Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by RoadTraveler, Mar 4, 2013.

1. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    I noticed yesterday and today, Amazon has dropped their price another $19 to $300 for a new GX1, body only.

They are temping me, if it ever gets to $250 I'll buy another, at $300 I'm on the fence.

2. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    I was thinking about this today, and how the G3 didn't get much below $300 for long...is this likely the end of the major price drops for the GX1?

3. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    Buy.com was selling them on eBay for $229 a few weeks back... not sure if that was a price mistake but that will probably be the lowest we'll see it for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Good point, I think I remember that thread, some people got what they ordered and some didn't?

5. turboBB

turboBB Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 4, 2013
    Hi guys, new member here. I decided to jump on this deal and it arrived today.

Two things;
    - please note that this is being sold by an Amazon Marketplace member (Roberts LP) and not directly through Amazon (in which case is selling for $319)
    - there was a sticker over the opening that states "Graded by Warehousedeals" so it seems I received a refurb or used one when I had explicitly searched for new

I have an inquiry to Amazon on whether this is in fact new or used and will post back my updates as soon as I hear from them

Cheers,
    Tim

6. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Thanks for sharing details, I'm with you I'd probably prefer 'new' for $20 more.

Welcome to the forum.

7. Extract0r

Extract0r Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 22, 2012
    eBay seller "bigvalueinc" is selling a new black GX1 body for $270 with free shipping. I am looking for a second body and is very tempted at this price level.

8. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Kenmore Camera has them listed @ $279. I usually place my orders with Jeanette when I purchase from them. She has been very helpful and patient to work with when ordering.

--Ken

9. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    If it is of any help, I looked at B&H today, and they have now discontinued the GH2. Its last body only price was $599, IIRC.

--Ken

10. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Thanks, but wasn't the GH2 always much more expensive?

While I like new gear, if I miss the lowest price before all the new GX1s are gone, I bet there will be lots of inexpensive 'mint' used ones out there.

11. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Very true. The down side to these bargains is a very depressed used market for honest sellers. The only reason that I mentioned the GH2 was for comparison. It was a more expensive camera, but it floored at $599, and then it was gone. So, you need to decide what you will be happy with, and when you want it. Being willing to buy used give you a bit more room if you waited too long for the price of a new body to continue falling.

Good luck,

--Ken

12. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012

13. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    $499 with 14-42 PZ

Just went back to Amazon to see who is selling & shipping.

The $300 offer is sold by Roberts LP yet fulfilled by Amazon as noted by another member here.

For $499 Amazon themselves sells/ships a black GX1 with a 14-42 PZ lens, $100 less than I paid for a Silver w/ 14-42 PZ a couple months ago.

If it wasn't a hassle to sell stuff, I think selling the 'new' PZ lens for $250 would be a good way to get a new black body for $250 (as long as one could easily sell the PZ for $250?).

14. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    The GX1 is a great camera selling for absurdly low prices. I would buy one myself if it wasn't for the fact that I refuse to buy anymore cameras that don't have in-body sensor-shift image stabilization.

I've developed the expectation that I should be able to shoot at 1/2 a second shutter speed with an old MF 50mm lens handheld without any blur due to camera movement. ;)

Still, at $300 or less the GX1 is a GREAT deal.

15. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Agree. After trying the GX1, then G3, then G5, I preferred the GX1 so I purchased a second and made it my m4/3 camera of choice for now.

I'd like to have one more body. As you say, for $300 or less, a great camera.

16. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Search ebay and then put all the PZ lenses that are being sold off on your watch list and wait a few days and see what the going rate is. I think $250 "new" is certainly possible. I bought the PZ lens a few weeks ago and they were selling for $275 on average. Also, I note that ebay has a promo going on where if you sell electronics worth $200, you get a $50 coupon. Camera equipment is considered part of electronics.

17. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Thanks for the tip. I think $250 is a good deal for a forum member (I have a mint one already) and just posted in the member For Sale section.

James

18. turboBB

turboBB Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 4, 2013
    As an update, it turns out this was in fact a returned item. Upon opening the box and inspecting the camera, there was heavy fingerprints on the screen, but all else seemed fine. I was willing to keep it if they were willing to discount the item a little to save me the trouble of returning it but they suggested that I just return the item.

I ended up going for the one sold by Amazon which carries a 2% reward after 35 days so total ended up being $312.62.

19. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Thanks for the details and update.

20. darcius1

darcius1 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Sandwich Isles
    Not too much more than the cost of a VF2.