1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GX1+25mm at 640 ISO

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Iansky, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I took this image yesterday in available light - GX1+25mm - 1/60 @ f2.5 - 640 ISO.

I am very pleased with this and it shows what the GX1 + 25mm is capable of at higher ISO's - a vast improvement on what my old faithful GF1 used to give me.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I was expecting to hear something bad, I've long used 640ISO in auto range myself!

3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I am happy

I have to admit that I now have the confidence to leave the GX1 in Auto ISO mode most of the time and was at first skeptical even after viewing videos, having tried it I am now happy to use it for general use - happy GX1 user.:biggrin:

4. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    Nice shot Ian, praytell which of the 25mm's do you have.

5. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Hi Dave,

I have the Panasonic Leica Summilux 25mm f1.4 - a superb lens that is considerably heavier and larger than my old 20mm f1.7 but a very worthy exchange!

6. cray-

cray- New to Mu-43

Mar 18, 2012
    Perth, Aus.
    There, I fixed it for you. :biggrin:

Can you tell that I am a slight bit jealous? Nice shot, GX1 sounds like an impressive little beastie.

7. Zanr Zij

Zanr Zij Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2012
    D or DG version Mr?

8. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    It is the Micro4/3 version so without the aperture ring.

Great lens

9. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    Stop poisoning us... lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Don't do it

Sorry - really it is a rubbish lens that is too large, too heavy, has a massive shade, rattles and whines when in use, soft images and struggles hard to focus in all lighting...................Not:rofl:

It is very much an addictive lens that once used and the results reviewed it gets under your skin and is impossible to let go!

Seriously though, it is not for everyone and if size is critical then the 20mm is a better option and a superb lens that proves good value for money (I enjoyed mine for 2yrs), but beware, once you have tried and seen the 25mm results and felt the quality build you will be hooked.

• Like Like x 1