GX 80 automatically adjusting ISO in manual mode (even if limit is set)

NiklasG

New to Mu-43
Good evening,

i have the following problem. When in manual mode and recording video my camera seems to rise up my ISO unwanted. For example i set my ISO to 400 and my limit to 1600. My camera ignores all these settings and goes up until everything is "well" exposed. Often up to a value of 3200 or 6400 if shooting at night for example. All this happens when in M mode. If i use the M mode with the camera symbol next to it everything works just fine. When using custom modes though the problem is there again. Is this normal or am I experiencing some kind of bug?

Joris

Mu-43 Veteran
Welcome :) I think that what you need to do in custom mode, is set yet again your ISO to your preferred setting and then register that as well as all of your other preferences in which you want your custom mode to open : diaphragm, AF mode, display mode etc. etc. etc. to one of your three custom modes of your choice. This is done in the first option in the Custom menu : Custom Set Mem.
I hope that does it.

Last edited:

NiklasG

New to Mu-43
Thanks first for your fast reply! Unfortunately this is not what my problem is. I know how to safe settings and everything is set how it is supposed to be. Whats bothering me is that i adjust everything but as soon as i hit the record button my camera ignores my set ISO and the set ISO limit. This is not just in custom mode but in manual mode as well! I set everything to 800 but after hitting the record button ISO is at 3200

NiklasG

New to Mu-43
If this is too confusing i will upload a video tomorrow which will explain everything

Joris

Mu-43 Veteran
as soon as i hit the record button my camera ignores my set ISO and the set ISO limit. This is not just in custom mode but in manual mode as well!
Since I do not do video, certainly someone else will be more qualified to answer than I.

PeeBee

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
If you start recording via the red button on the top plate with the mode dial in any position other than movie mode, it records in fully automatic mode, it’s a failsafe quickstart. With the mode dial set to Movie mode, you can manually set values for video exposure. I think, but I’m not sure, that the custom modes are for stills only.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
If this is too confusing i will upload a video tomorrow which will explain everything
A suggestion, download both the basic and advanced owner's manuals. They are searchable in PDF. You can then enter your search terms and will most likely find what you need.

cluber77

Mu-43 Regular
If you want to record video use only the movie mode, all the other mods manly for photos

Latest threads

Top Bottom