GX-7 focusing problems

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Drdave944, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2012
    I am having some problems getting my Gx -7 to focus where I want it. I use the selective focus tool and like my focal point to be in the center by default. You can
    also set the size of the focal point. I was able to get my subject focused most of the time but the focus box won't stay put. I wants to move to the upper left part on the screen no mater what the subject. Then I have to drag it where I want it with the touch screen but then it moves around again.
    I need to take pictures fast. I don't want to waste time having to put the focal point back where it should be.. I had a really bad situation today where I wanted to take a picture of a girl and she was back lit. I took three shots but the camera insisted on focusing on some bushes and a tree in the background. This does not happen with Canon cameras and it really ruined my pictures.

Then things got really bad..I put the camera on face detect,manual assist with focus peaking and turned on the touch focus screen. Then every thing went hit or miss and I got 20 to thirty out of focus pictures. I had to start using manual assist on every picture. Then I found a way to get things working by turning on touch picture taking. Then the pictures would be in focus where I hit the screen. I thought you were supposed to be able to touch focus and then shoot with the push button .
    There seems to be some software glitch or perhaps I don't know how to use the camera. Usually I use an EM-5 with no difficulty. There is a learning curve with this camera,I kid you not. I use the GF 5 and the GH2,but this GX-7 is a weird bird.

ANY suggestions? Thanks

2. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2012
    untitled-99.JPG

Here is the picture in question. I was shooting at F 7.1 so it still was pretty well in focus but not as well as I wanted.

Attached Files:

3. gcogger

gcogger Mu-43 Veteran

May 25, 2010
    UK
    Graeme
    I think you'll get more help if you post on the appropriate forum. This one is for help and feedback on the forum itself, and may not receive as many views as some of the others. HTH :)