GX-1 Exposure Compensation

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ghas, Jan 29, 2013.

1. ghas

ghas Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2013
    Is there a way to set the camera to shoot at minus 2/3 stop in order to get less over exposure. I'm trying to skip auto bracketing and just take single shots. On a film camera I would just change the ISO setting from the film ISO rating but can't figure out how to do it on this camera.

2. gr6825

gr6825 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 10, 2012
    You can use the scroll wheel to dial in exposure compensation. I always shoot in Aperture priority, and in that mode, you press the scroll wheel to toggle between aperture control and exposure compensation.

3. ghas

ghas Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2013
    exposure compensation

I know about using the scroll wheel to change the exposure but I want to set it at minus 2/3 so that it doesn't change back to 0 every time I turn off the camera.

4. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    It doesn't. Well, my GX-1 remembers the last dialed-in exposure compensation when I turn it back on. In Aperture priority mode.:smile:

5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It will remember the exposure compensation in the custom modes.

6. ghas

ghas Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2013
    Thanks for the simple solution, I didn't realize the exposure comp stayed in memory when the camera was turned off. The scroll knob is so sensitive to inadvertent activation that I never knew which setting was the last one before I turned the camera off.