GX-1 Exposure Compensation

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ghas, Jan 29, 2013.

1. ghas

ghas Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2013
    Is there a way to set the camera to shoot at minus 2/3 stop in order to get less over exposure. I'm trying to skip auto bracketing and just take single shots. On a film camera I would just change the ISO setting from the film ISO rating but can't figure out how to do it on this camera.

2. gr6825

gr6825 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 10, 2012
    You can use the scroll wheel to dial in exposure compensation. I always shoot in Aperture priority, and in that mode, you press the scroll wheel to toggle between aperture control and exposure compensation.

3. ghas

ghas Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2013
    exposure compensation

I know about using the scroll wheel to change the exposure but I want to set it at minus 2/3 so that it doesn't change back to 0 every time I turn off the camera.

4. It doesn't. Well, my GX-1 remembers the last dialed-in exposure compensation when I turn it back on. In Aperture priority mode.:smile:

5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It will remember the exposure compensation in the custom modes.

6. ghas

ghas Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2013
    Thanks for the simple solution, I didn't realize the exposure comp stayed in memory when the camera was turned off. The scroll knob is so sensitive to inadvertent activation that I never knew which setting was the last one before I turned the camera off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.