GX-1 Custom Modes

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ghas, Jan 31, 2013.

1. ghas

ghas Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2013
    I've only had my GX-1 about two weeks and find the instructions to be somewhat minimal. After reading other posts and experimenting I wonder what the custom modes are good for if the settings in the A, S, P, M modes are placed into memory when the camera is turned off anyway. Does someone have an example of what they use the custom modes for?

2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I used to keep one on Black and White on my G3. I think you can set one to "lens off camera" for manual focus legacy/ non-connected lens.

3. jefft

jefft Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2012
    Also, doesn't C2 have multiple modes as well?

4. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    I have, on my GF-1, a custom setting for
    - Dynamic B&W
    - ISO 400

and some other settings I can't for the life of me remember off the top of my head. In fact, I think I stumbled across the settings on here somewhere. Goes very nicely when the 20mm is attached :)

5. RK777

RK777 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 22, 2013
    Texas
    Robert
    GX-1 Advanced Manual

I could not tell from your post if you had downloaded the full (advanced) manual or not, so I mention it here because it does go into a bit more detail on the modes. It is a pain to find online for whatever reason. Panasonic doesn't list the GX-1 on the manuals page, but I found it somewhere, somehow. If you or anyone needs it I can upload the PDF to a share site and post the link.

6. ghas

ghas Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2013
    Manual

I think I have the manual you noted, about 225 pages in a pdf? Quite a bit better than the hard copy included with the camera but there are still a few things that aren't explained at all, e.g. REC AREA. No idea what that is.

7. fluberman

fluberman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 19, 2012
    Indonesia
    Alex
    I use C1 for indoor flash photo (M mode, tweaked WB), C2-1 for B&W square (1:1 ratio) and C2-2 for outdoor photo (A mode, tweaked AWB and other settings).