1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GX-1 Custom Modes

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ghas, Jan 31, 2013.

1. ghas

ghas Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2013
    I've only had my GX-1 about two weeks and find the instructions to be somewhat minimal. After reading other posts and experimenting I wonder what the custom modes are good for if the settings in the A, S, P, M modes are placed into memory when the camera is turned off anyway. Does someone have an example of what they use the custom modes for?

2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I used to keep one on Black and White on my G3. I think you can set one to "lens off camera" for manual focus legacy/ non-connected lens.

3. jefft

jefft Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2012
    Also, doesn't C2 have multiple modes as well?

4. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    I have, on my GF-1, a custom setting for
    - Dynamic B&W
    - ISO 400

and some other settings I can't for the life of me remember off the top of my head. In fact, I think I stumbled across the settings on here somewhere. Goes very nicely when the 20mm is attached :) 

5. RK777

RK777 Guest

GX-1 Advanced Manual

I could not tell from your post if you had downloaded the full (advanced) manual or not, so I mention it here because it does go into a bit more detail on the modes. It is a pain to find online for whatever reason. Panasonic doesn't list the GX-1 on the manuals page, but I found it somewhere, somehow. If you or anyone needs it I can upload the PDF to a share site and post the link.

6. ghas

ghas Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2013
    Manual

I think I have the manual you noted, about 225 pages in a pdf? Quite a bit better than the hard copy included with the camera but there are still a few things that aren't explained at all, e.g. REC AREA. No idea what that is.

7. fluberman

fluberman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 19, 2012
    Indonesia
    Alex
    I use C1 for indoor flash photo (M mode, tweaked WB), C2-1 for B&W square (1:1 ratio) and C2-2 for outdoor photo (A mode, tweaked AWB and other settings).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.