GX-1 @ Adorama for $239..

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by supermeera, May 20, 2013.

1. supermeera

supermeera New to Mu-43

Feb 1, 2010
    I think this is the cheapest I've seen anywhere for a brand new one. I know Roberts had open box ones available on Amazon, however being in Canada, I like the option of having the duties and taxes being paid up front and I think Adorama and B&H are the only retailers to offer it:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Camera Body, Black DMC-GX1KBODY

Just ordered it as an upgrade to my beloved GF-1, couldn't resist at this price.
  2. drdtyc

drdtyc Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2013
    $239 is a very good price.
    I bit the bullet when it was $249 a couple of weeks ago.

I bought from Adorama which used Fedex to ship it to Ontario and charged me HST upfront. Shipping was very fast without delay by customs.
    In comparison, B&H uses Purolator for shipping but their handling fee to charge HST upfront is higher than that of Fedex.

In case any Canadian buyers are interested.
  3. supermeera

supermeera New to Mu-43

Feb 1, 2010
    Price now $229 @ Adorama..

And the price keeps on dropping.. :smile:
  4. Solomite81

Solomite81 Mu-43 Rookie

May 23, 2013
    RobertsCamera is a camera store in indianapolis. Good reputation
  5. dcriver

dcriver Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 18, 2013
  6. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    What's up with the Adorama shipping?

If I buy a GX1, Fedex shipping to Canada is about $15.

If I buy a Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 20 (which I want), the shipping is $30 UPS and Fedex is about $71. (on a $54 bag).

Makes no sense to me. You'd think they'd want to make some money on the shipping for a camera they are clearly not making a lot on. Unless that Think Tank ships in a huge box!!!