Guess what I got for Christmas?

rwethairyet

New to Mu-43
About the last thing I would have expected. My Husband (Bob, Vintageslrs, also a new member), has been stubbornly anti-digital for as long as I've known him. So to open up the G1 on Christmas morning was quite the surprise. Even more surprising that he had gotton one for himself!
Truthfully, until meeting Bob a few years back about the fanciest camera I ever owned was a Pentax IQ zoom...loved that thing, went on many hikes, vacations, family events before it finally died during a hike (what can I say, someone "fell" on it one time too many). One of my first gifts from Bob, an avid camera collector, was a vintage Konica T3...and I kind of liked it.
Somewhere along the line my own collection started to grow...everything from old Box cameras, old polaroids and point and shoots, and Slrs from mostly the 60's and 70's. Still no where near Bobs collection, though, but he had a long head start!
I've been bugging him about a digital camera for a while, so I'm really excited about learning how to use this camera. Can't wait to get out and start figuring it out.
Sherri

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hey G'day Sherri, thanks for joining and saying hello. I've just been admiring your husbands camera collection. Gee Whiz! You'll have to show us a picture(s) of yours as well. I'm sure you'll enjoy your G1. I've heard that the G1 is a camera that Panasonic got incredibly right first time. What lens did you get with it?

Hope to see you around,
icon

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Welcome!

And please don't talk about cameras I bought when they were new as "vintage". :wink:

rwethairyet

New to Mu-43
Thank you for the nice welcome messages.
My polaroid collection...well, mostly it started because we'd go to a flea market and they'd throw them in free or for a dollar or 2..but it's cool that they've come out with films for some of them. They are interesting cameras and some of my earliest baby photos were taken with my dad's old land camera...we thought THAT was magic when we were kids and as close as you could get back then to Instant gratification.
Sorry about that, Richard. I feel the same way when music from my era is being played on the Classic stations, haha!
Somewhere I have photos of my collection...no where near as large as Bob's, but I didn't get truly bit by the collecting bug until a couple of years ago when he gave me an old Argus Brick. Then I suddenly "discovered" an interest in Argus...and then Prakticas and then Zenits...and you all know how that goes, haha. I'll have to see if I can find them somewhere.
So far I've only snapped 2 shots that I considered worth keeping, lol. One of Bob, one of the dog. Hopefully Bob and I can take some time over the long weekend coming up to get out and take some pictures.

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Welcome aboard!

So- we need to start some threads on Vintage cameras.

Definition of Vintage: cameras that are older than I am. That means anything older than the Nikon SP (1957) is vintage.

vintageslrs

Mu-43 Regular
Hello

Bob checking in here....
My definition of vintage cameras--must be manual focus and use film......my SLR collection goes from 1962 (Spotmatic) to 1984 (Canon T70).

pjohngren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Welcome! You will love your G1. I certainly love mine. I am an old Nikon user since way back when and the G1 is a gem of a camera - just holding it gives one pleasure. There are tons of things to learn about, so take your time and enjoy the process. It has to be one of the most well thought out cameras ever made.

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
Welcome! You will love your G1. I certainly love mine. I am an old Nikon user since way back when and the G1 is a gem of a camera - just holding it gives one pleasure. There are tons of things to learn about, so take your time and enjoy the process. It has to be one of the most well thought out cameras ever made.

I agree - it's amazing that Panasonic managed to get so much so right with that camera.

All the best,

Colin

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Sherri, I am so glad you've become a member! I think you and your husband Bob, AKA Vintageslrs, are our first husband and wife tag team! We're very glad to have you both!:biggrin:

Three cheers for such good taste in gift giving, including Bob's giving to himself.:drinks:

Latest threads

Top Bottom