1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Guess the price tag for Panny GH3 :)

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi guys ..new Panny GH3 looks like an awesome machine and I can tell you , It wont come without a hefty price tag . So lets play a guess game for the price of Panny GH3
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  2. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    $1700 plus grip

typed on my phone, sorry.

3. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    What do I win?

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

They have already said it will be more than the GH2 so that rules out the first slot. I think Pany is going to milk it for as much as they can, at least at first so my vote is about $1200 body only. If the battery grip is built on or included in box then it would be even higher.

5. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Gonna say 1300 body only. Maybe only 1200 if we're lucky.

6. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Where is the contest to win one Amin? You have sponsors right ;)

7. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Rumours are around 1700 euros that will probably mean about £1700 in UK - that is very steep and I suggest they may have to reconsider as climate is not ready for that pricing across majority yet - it is well into DSLR territory and looks to be getting close size wise as well.

8. chicaboo

chicaboo Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2012
    Logan, QLD, Australia
    Gav
    Historically I would say Panasonic would get away with whatever they could command $$$$ wise, due to cult status. But then they have competition from Fuji and Sony to bring them back down to Earth. The Sony SLT-77 isn't that expensive, and that might be one of it's biggest competitors. The Fuji X-E1 has stellar looks and most like the impressive image quality of the X-Pro1. So maybe it will fit in between those two? But not with that 12-35mm lens included, I suspect...

9. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    I would guess 1200 euros body only, but maybe that's just wishful thinking :eek:. Iansky's guess has me startled; is that body only?

10. micz87

micz87 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    EU
    I say: 1299 for body or 1499 for body and 14-42 X kit lens ;)

11. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    It was unclear but suspect it could be for body + 14-140 lens so that would put the body around the £1200 price margin.

Time will tell!

12. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    There's no way it's coming in under 1,000 if it's aiming at pro level (the OMD is positioned as semi-pro/enthusiast).

Have they indicated if they will keep the Gh2 around as a lower tier camera (like how the G3 and G5 co-exist)?

13. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I think the pro video applications drive this price as much as anything else. It will be a bargain for those users almost no matter what, which leads me to think Panny will look at about $1399 for body only out of the gate.

14. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I think the OP responsible for another gear thread rather than a photo thread is also responsible for the prize to whomever gets it right. :biggrin:

If a majority of posters in this thread agree via a Thanks for this post I think Bhup is locked in!

• Like Like x 1
  15. nseika

nseika Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Lois
    Guessing above 1500

16. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Panasonic always starts by pricing high, and then prices slide after 6-8 months, once the initial shipping delays are overcome.

I can't imagine them doing high-end video and weather-sealing for less than $1500. This is their 'premium' camera and I expect it to be priced accordingly.

DH

17. chicaboo

chicaboo Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2012
    Logan, QLD, Australia
    Gav
    Call me crazy, but I expect initial pricing to be $1500~1700 body only in the AU market.

18. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    Now if the 12-35 is bundled as a kit lens to the GH3, what will then be the price? :confused:

19. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I don't think there is ANY way the "body only" would end up less than at least $1499.95 and that is probably low to be honest. I won't even be shocked if they end up starting it at $1699.95 for just the body. The grip will likely add another $300 to that easy. This is NOT a camera aimed at the faint of pocketbook, and those videographers out there will shell out no matter what. Oh well. Some folks have money in piles sitting at home. I'm just not one of those.

20. Brian style

Brian style Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2012
    :eek:
    but, I gotta admit, I agree with this....