alan1972

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan Grant
maybe try the "Heart"of Andalusia.
You are on the right track there, although if anyone is googling, note that several other places are sometimes labelled in that way. The one I am asking about has a good claim in the sense that if you travel by road or rail between any two of Seville, Malaga, Granada, and Cordoba, you are likely to pass through this general area.

alan1972

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan Grant
The plateau behind the castle is a natural park, a relatively small one but quite well known for its distinctive limestone (karst) landscape.

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
OK. is the answer Alcazaba? the 11th century Moorish fortification built to stop the Christian advance from the North.
Located in Antequera the heart of Andalusia.

alan1972

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan Grant
OK. is the answer Alcazaba? the 11th century Moorish fortification built to stop the Christian advance from the North.
Located in Antequera the heart of Andalusia.
Yes, it's the Alcazaba of Antequera, in Málaga province. The natural park I mentioned is El Torcal de Antequera. Photo taken a few days ago - it's only about 50km from where I live, but it's the furthest I have travelled in the last 4 months.

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Who knows or can guess where this is?
0100Guess.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
Taken with my old C40, so gives an idea of the age of the photo.
PC300022.jpg

Shaw

Mu-43 Veteran
Howe o' the Mearns, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Real Name
Stewart
Thanks David (I have a sister who lives in Melbourne).

Where is this statue, and who is the subject?

2nd guess.jpg

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
The centre bust and the decoration on the pillar makes me think William Shakespeare, but not sure about the other two figures?

PacNWMike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
That's what I though too. The two figures being characters in his plays. However I don't think that the main bust is from the same era based upon hair style and clothing...nor could I find a Shakespeare statue that matches. Also given the background and provenance of the photo can we assume Scotland?

Shaw

Mu-43 Veteran
Howe o' the Mearns, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Real Name
Stewart
The centre bust and the decoration on the pillar makes me think William Shakespeare, but not sure about the other two figures?

Not Shakespeare
That's what I though too. The two figures being characters in his plays. However I don't think that the main bust is from the same era based upon hair style and clothing...nor could I find a Shakespeare statue that matches. Also given the background and provenance of the photo can we assume Scotland?

Not Scotland either.

Latest threads

Top Bottom