BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Yeah, sorry Stan @stagor, I looked at it and thought I would get to it eventually, but other things have occupied my mind!

Maybe now is a great time for this thread as people have more time and want something to distract themselves with.
What I have missed in this thread lately is more people guessing and searching, it has often come down to one person doing it all.
I think that takes the fun out of it, the more, the merrier!
It also helps by giving others ideas.

Sorry, but I don't have a ready picture! (Will try to find some over the weekend, so I am prepared for the future.) ?

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
@stagor In the same boat here... family issues, computer issues, business issues, world issues... all took precedence this time... and after looking at it a few times knew I had not a hope in you know where of figuring out where it might be. Hoping to come up for air soon so will flail away at whatever comes up next.

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
To keep things moving, try this one? Taken in 2015 with my mobile phone.

20150624_124006.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
You are in the right country, but a fair way from Hobbiton (and yes you can do a Hobbiton tour, just not at the moment).
Top left of the photo there is a definite clue as to what is going on here.

NoTan2

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Paul
I believe we're in Christchurch just to the north of Peacocks Gallop. The suburb appears to be Clifton. Are we looking at the "Deans Head Landslide" which came down in 2011?

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
Bingo. Yes the cliff came down in the 2011 earthquake. Shot from the beach on the road to Sumner, the containers were used to protect the road (and passing cars) from more debris coming down. You can see half a house on the top of the cliff.
Over to you.

NoTan2

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Bingo. Yes the cliff came down in the 2011 earthquake. Shot from the beach on the road to Sumner, the containers were used to protect the road (and passing cars) from more debris coming down. You can see half a house on the top of the cliff.
Over to you.
Thanks David.
My first visit to NZ (in the late 1970's) began in Christchurch. Spent three weeks travelling around the South Island and everywhere I went I encountered the friendliest, most welcoming people I'd ever met.
So I was very sad to watch on TV the destruction from the earthquakes.

OK,
Where are we - the name of the location or the name of the building is fine. Just a tiny clue - the next image I took (of the other side of the building) was flagged by a reverse image search almost instantly. So it's a world famous location.

P5290109.jpg

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sorry... ran into more computer problems this morning. 2 hours with Website Support and no further ahead. Got online with my son and he had one of the issues fixed in 10 minutes and the other shortly after.
Anyway, where is this located? Hope I haven't used it before!
Guess 34.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom