archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Since Barry got the general range I'll narrow it a bit further: Huandoy, Huascarán and I think maybe Chequiaraju, Cordillera Blanca.
Guess the Location PacNWMike 10694.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
To move the hinting along, I think north of Huaraz along the Rio Santos. The view is also looking generally northward. Google Earth's historical imagery of the area is only good back to 2003 but 2003-2019 gives some idea of the development patterns.

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi, which answer? I don't see a 'winner' tag or a response saying who got it?
Wasn’t me. I had no idea where that was. Way to obscure for me to spend time searching... didn’t look like any place I’d particularly want to put on my travel bucket list either.

Just my preference, but I enjoy the posts that show something to do with history, or a spot that offers a terrific landscape photo op, or a particularly beautiful bay, inlet or other point of interest, an historical landmark... I dunno... jmho, but I love posts here that give some potential future travel ops, while offering me the opportunity to learn a little bit about the location of the posted photo.

If we get too obscure in this thread, and I’m not referring to this most recent post (I’m not) then I think we’ll lose potential location guessers. Truly, I’ve probably posted a couple of so what images myself here but it’s the ones that elicit a “wow, I’ve just got to find out where that is” thought that get me deep diving into the search routine. That and trying to beat @stagor to the punch ?

PacNWMike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
OK, I went back over the posts. There was no one post that got it all. archaeopteryx identified the main peaks (except one) and in another post mentioned north of Huaraz which was close enough for me. Actually taken from a house in new Huaraz.
I kinda dropped the ball on checking a winner icon.

FWIW Huaraz and the Cordillera Blanca is perhaps the most popular mountaineering center in the Andes and is on many bucket lists. The scenery is breathtaking. Recommended for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
OK, I'll give it a try, the place is famous but maybe this part isn't.
Name of place please.
P1030754_DxO_Web_2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

When I see the picture now it makes me realize that this will probably be too easy. But let it be easy then, keep the thread rolling!

Latest threads

Top Bottom