alan1972

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan Grant
Well not having heard from @BosseBe
or anyone else picking up on the clue reference to Sweden, I shall guess the answer as,
Goteborg, Sweden - House and seat of the County Governor and
County administrative boards of Vastra Gotaland, Sweden. Also site where the
former Swedish king Karl X Gustav died in 1660.
I found this wall plaque on streetview, on the building Alan indicated, it was the building with the round tower that I went looking for.
I believe Alan must have been standing outside the National Maritime Museum when he took the photo.
All correct except for the minor detail that I took the photo from one of the boats that run tours around the river and canals.

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Thank you Alan, can anyone guess where this photo was taken?
DSCF0168.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
@stagor there are a few of these bell configurations to be found... but so far none with the figures on top... guessing these “Amsterdam Bells” might be somewhere in the Netherlands or perhaps Bavaria... the figures somehow seem more towards the latter

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Forgot to add... Bell tower atop the city hall... I had originally been searching for bell towers and that had lead to a lot of churches, but your photo was obviously not a church... looked more like a government building... and that resulted in a direct hit

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Forgot to add... Bell tower atop the city hall... I had originally been searching for bell towers and that had lead to a lot of churches, but your photo was obviously not a church... looked more like a government building... and that resulted in a direct hit
Well done Dan, yes Roermond Stadhuis, the Carillon plays everyday at midday, and the life size figures go round, built in 1700.
Over to you.

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
OK... will try this one... Near what famous place would you find this gentle setting?

Apologies if I've used this before, but, just in case we have some new players here, maybe it won't be olden to them. And if I have used it, I changed the ratio so maybe it will throw off the vets like @stagor... although that would be highly unlikely! :laugh:

Turret in Pond.jpg

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
OK... will try this one... Near what famous place would you find this gentle setting?

Apologies if I've used this before, but, just in case we have some new players here, maybe it won't be olden to them. And if I have used it, I changed the ratio so maybe it will throw off the vets like @stagor... although that would be highly unlikely! :laugh:

View attachment 771663
Got it Dan, so I'll sit this one out.

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Got it Dan, so I'll sit this one out.
thought you might have... and I didn't even get a chance to give you a Ready Set Go! yet

If I get busy and don't reply to the correct answer in short order, feel free to award the winner a trophy for me please... you've got my proxy on that one. :thumbup:

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi Dan/Stan, would this be close too/in the Park and Palacio Nacional De Pena in Portugal?
Well done @Alberta Dave ... it is indeed. For anyone who has been to see the famous Pena Palace you will know that parking is at a premium... and that there are no flat spots. My wife was horribly ill during the latter half of this trip back In 2017 but she was determined to see everything. This particular shot was right at the base of a walking switchback that on that day seemed to go on forever. It was just too tranquil a shot to pass up... and was one of the few spots where we weren’t blasted with those damn tourists... ? no wait... that would have been us too ?

Portugal is definitely one of the spots we hope to make it back to some day. Such a warm and friendly people and a beautiful country too.

Over to you Dave!

Alberta Dave

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Dave
Thanks Dan, I would love to go to Portugal as well..should have done it before I moved over the Canada but as usual we are wise after the event :).

Here's my latest one for your perusal. Where in Canada is this house and who used to live there?

gtl house.jpg

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
@Alberta Dave nice shot... much better than the one that they have on their website. Looks like a nice area to do some hiking

I’ll wait for others to nab this one though as I don’t have any photos handy... and sadly no time right now to find any... give me about a month though and as some guy once said, “I’ll be back!”

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Glad you had a nice visit!

Upon checking, several of the images I had lined up appear substantially more difficult to identify than I'd anticipated. Don't have time at the moment for an archive rummage so, if anyone would like to post a location, please be my guess. Otherwise I'll get something up in a few hours.

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
We like the seaside shots on here, so where is this?

P9280116.JPG

Latest threads

Top Bottom