Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Rockwell Nightclub

4A11B19E-BFDA-4920-9AFC-460D98636622.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
13DDD396-263F-4777-9B36-FEB7A3147231.jpeg

Where is this?

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I owe that one to @alan1972 ... actually spent 9 days in September in Spain and loved it. 3 days in Barcelona and area, up to San Sebastián for 3 days and then down to Madrid and area for another 3... beautiful finish to a 28 day trip to the Mediteranean.

Haven’t been to the south west area of Spain or Portugal south of Lisbon... so will have to make that another trip in a couple of years.

Will come up with something later tonight.

Last edited:

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Didn’t have a chance to post a new one tonight do I’ll pass this one over to @alan1972 cuz he provided the easy hint and deserves it more than I do anyway. He’ll be up shortly too I suspect!

alan1972

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan Grant
Thanks @pondball , incidentally Ronda was hit by torrential rain this week, among other things the railways in the region have been badly damaged.

This is the only one I have to hand right now - what is the building in the background?

guess02.jpg

Last edited:

alan1972

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan Grant
Heuston Station, Dublin?
That's it. The Dublin terminus for trains to Cork/Kerry/Waterford/Limerick Galway among others, taken from the tram stop in front of the station.

Your attempt to pass the buck to me didn't last long, back to you again!

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
That's it. The Dublin terminus for trains to Cork/Kerry/Waterford/Limerick Galway among others, taken from the tram stop in front of the station.

Your attempt to pass the buck to me didn't last long, back to you again!
It was a long time ago (1969) but it was something about that building that had me thinking about Ireland... mostly though the main clue was the LRT cars in the foreground... that lead me to, oddly, a post about Toronto that had a photo of that style of LRT... (hopefully for Toronto)... but with a reference to Dublin... so a search for a Dublin buildings with a date of 1844 quickly brought up this train station... which I had probably been in back in ‘69 as a kid... probably have a shot of it somewhere, taken from my original Brownie camera.

Will post something shortly.

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
OK... this should be easier than it might look. Clue... I'm standing in front of a famous site... overlooking part of the famous location... where am I?
Guess23.jpg

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Montserrat: view of Sant Miquel’s Cross(barely visible in this photo)?
Indeed it is... good eyes, seeing that cross... there is also another identifiable structure about half way down the hill on the left side.
Earlier in the day when we first arrived we were being herded along on our Tour Train (fast moving excursion director who insisted we must get to the abbey where the lineup to see the lady with the black baby wouldn't be long... if we hurried). I got this shot later but the one when we first got there was absolutely stunning... there was a cloud layer about half way down the mountain, with no visible ground in site except in perhaps one or two tiny spots. The morning light was still not too harsh... obviously for me a once in a lifetime opportunity. Sadly I was an obedient little passenger on this tour train. It was still only the 2nd day of our trip and I didn't want to upset any apple carts. I did however let our main Tour Director know what I thought of us being rushed from Point A to Point Z as fast as we could get there... and that I personally was more interested in getting some photos than rushing to stand in line. btw... my wife an I both opted out of the lineup once we got there (other waited close to an hour to do a walk-by of this statue - not much unless you're very religious). We spent a glorious hour and a bit taking other photos of this abbey high in the hills just north of Barcelona. Posting one of those photos would have been no challenge though as it would have been very recognizable.

Over to you @aKilter .btw... have you been to Montserrat? Nice drive up the switchbacks eh! First time in many years that my vertigo actually started to get to me and that includes some precarious drives in Portugal, Italy, and the old Yugoslavia.

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
No, I have not been to Montserrat, but would love to make the trip. Too bad about your experience with the Tour Train. I’m afraid I’m too much of a lone wolf and wouldn’t do well, as part of a tour group.

I’ll get something posted later this evening. It will be quite mundane compared to your photo, however.
Nothing wrong with mundane! I have a couple of other shots from Montserrat that, given a bit more time (just got back three weeks ago and have 4200 photos to go through) I’d like to post as part of a trip-tik here. There were people who actually either biked or walked to the top... insane... all I could imagaine was the guys in the Vuelta de Espania motoring down some of the switchbacks... crazy!
Lol about the lone wolf... even though we’re on tour with others you’ll seldom find me in with the group... I’m off taking photos somewhere, using the little “whisper” devices as my alarm to let me know that as soon as it crackles I’m getting out of range of the group. I tend to stay away from the larger groups and wander a lot.

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A quick search of one of the telephone numbers suggest somewhere in the Columbus Ohio area... but references to 1393 only bring up houses for sale... hmmm, and none look quite like this location

Latest threads

Top Bottom