Guess the Location!

Shaw

Mu-43 Veteran
Howe o' the Mearns, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Real Name
Stewart
Is the castle part of the walled city? I was there in 1969! Had some wonderful orange sherbet in an orange shaped frozen looking orange with one the famous lite European biscuits they serve with sherbet. At least that’s the way I remember it. 😆
The castle is surrounded by a wall, but is beside a small town/village, and not part of a walled city.

Seahawk

Mu-43 Top Veteran
OK, I can't resist offering another one! Which castle is this?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sorry guys, been busy painting my new greenhouse. Yes, Nuremberg was correct. Next man up!
I’ll get something posted later today.
We visited Nuremberg in 2014 and something about that shot looked vaguely familiar. I don’t remember it from that angle as I recall walking in from the tower side. I do, however, remember being a bit pissed off that the shot I wanted ended up having a very posh, new car parked in a lousy spot - for photography. It felt like a total eclipse of history with the new car blocking my shot.

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
For expediency I’ve taken a screen shot of a shot I have on my NAS - hopefully this works as it’ll be a lot easier to contribute in future. If it doesn’t work, I’ll go back to the drawing board and repost.

What city are these men having such a good laugh in?

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
For expediency I’ve taken a screen shot of a shot I have on my NAS
May I ask why you use a screenshot, since you already had it showing on your screen a right click and "Save as" should let you save it where ever you want.
Correction, I just tried in IrfanView, the display program I use and right-clicking didn't work but the menu under "File" has the "Save as" option.
Every display program should have this option.

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
May I ask why you use a screenshot, since you already had it showing on your screen a right click and "Save as" should let you save it where ever you want.
Correction, I just tried in IrfanView, the display program I use and right-clicking didn't work but the menu under "File" has the "Save as" option.
Every display program should have this option.
I was viewing the images on my iPad, via an Images library I use as backup / and viewing purposes that resides on my NAS. The images are all saved as .orf. In the past when a needed a photo for insertion here I went to my MBPro and booted up the app of choice (usually Exposure) did some editing, then posted a suitably sized photo here. I don’t always have my MBPro with me so thought I’d try the Screenshot -> save to Photos -> then download image to post here method. While it was a lot quicker it doesn’t show any exif data below the shot... so not very useful as far as photographic methods go.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I was viewing the images on my iPad, via an Images library I use as backup / and viewing purposes that resides on my NAS. The images are all saved as .orf. In the past when a needed a photo for insertion here I went to my MBPro and booted up the app of choice (usually Exposure) did some editing, then posted a suitably sized photo here. I don’t always have my MBPro with me so thought I’d try the Screenshot -> save to Photos -> then download image to post here method. While it was a lot quicker it doesn’t show any exif data below the shot... so not very useful as far as photographic methods go.
But good enough for this thread at least, I would say.
But is there no way to save the picture in another format in the App on your iPad? Seems strange, but of course it is Apple! ;)

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
But good enough for this thread at least, I would say.
But is there no way to save the picture in another format in the App on your iPad? Seems strange, but of course it is Apple! ;)
I Could... I also use Affinity Photo on both iPad and MBPro, and can work on raw and save to various formats there. My main DAM of choice however it Exposure. As mentioned, this is just the quickest easiest way. Havent really looked into an alternative method of save/post here before. I usually had more time so I could do a proper job on the MBPro

Shaw

Mu-43 Veteran
Howe o' the Mearns, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Real Name
Stewart
How about this village, can you name it?

20140818-P3261784.jpeg

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom