Guess the Location!

Mountain_Man_79

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris
This will be way too easy for anyone that’s been to this man made marvel on the desert, and perhaps too hard for those that haven’t, but let’s give it a try.

Where am I?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Darek
I haven't been there, but: are they made by a certain immigrant from the northern part of Europe?
Even if yes, please don't count me anyway.

Last edited:

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Darek
Like this:

"The figures are sentries at the entrance to Hoover Dam, part angel, part symbol of the strength of man, they are the work of a sculptor named Oskar J.W. Hansen, a Norwegian immigrant who came to the United States after some time in the merchant marines. He became a citizen and joined the Army, and after he left the service, embarked on a long career as an artist and sculptor.

As the dam was nearing completion, Hansen entered a sculpture competition for the public areas, and his design won. Soon the largest single-cast bronzes in the world (at the time) were installed on the Nevada side of what would later be called Hoover Dam."

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/winged-figures-of-the-republic

foxtail1

Science geek & photo nut
Real Name
Kristi
This one may be harder, as I was off the beaten path. The town and the chateau have the same name.

Shaw

Mu-43 Regular
Howe o' the Mearns, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Real Name
Stewart
How about the name of this ruined castle.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom