Guess the Location!

PacNWMike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
OK how about this one...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
No I can't name the village!
But let me point out some things we can learn from the picture.
In this place they have had snow in the winters, steep roofs to shed the snow, but that is probably not so usual any more as the garage building on the right has a flat roof it looks like.
I imagine that the other buildings are a lot older.
According to Exif it was taken in late August at just before 2 o'clock in the afternoon, so the buildings are facing south-west.
From the colour of the buildings, white, I assume that winters are not to cold and summers quite warm, otherwise a darker colour would probably have been used. (In Sweden the usual colour of a house is red, a darker colour, to not reflect the sunlight in the winters but rather keep the heat you can get from the small amount of sunlight you do get.)
If we look at the surroundings, there seems to be no land for farming, so some other kind of livelihood must be the means of existence for this village.

@stagor seems to suggest that slate is the business.

That is all from me! I will try not to guess further.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom