Guess the Location!

RichDesmond

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I bought the Matching Tie and Handkerchief record in 1973. Don't think I still have it.

I'd owned it for a few weeks (and had played it many times) and decided, after several glasses of an excellent red, to play it yet again. After listening to Side A, I turned it over to the B side and suddenly realised that I'd never heard the material before.
At first I thought that the alcohol content of the wine was somewhat higher than expected and headed off to sleep.

The next day, I did some experimenting and soon established that the B side had two completely separate tracks and you got to hear whichever one the stylus happened to land in.
Whether it was simply by chance or by careful positioning of the stylus, it took, as noted above, a few weeks for the second track to be played.

Since this was many years before the internet, I had no way to confirm this at the time but it seems to be true according to Wikipedia. I'd forgotten all about it until you mentioned it, Dan.

Sorry this is off-topic but I couldn't resist...
Very true, I still have the vinyl record I bought back in the '70s.
I was DJ'ing a shift on the college station, went to cue up a skit on that album. Played a side, found it (there were no distinct "tracks" visible) and moved the tone-arm back in order to backcue the track. It wasn't there. Confusion, tried again, still not there. Flipped record over, not there. flipped record over, it's there!! Went to backcue, not there!?!?!? Backcue again, it's there!! At that point I figured out what was happening. A quick study, I'm not. :roflmao:

Very true, I still have the vinyl record I bought back in the '70s.
I was DJ'ing a shift on the college station, went to cue up a skit on that album. Played a side, found it (there were no distinct "tracks" visible) and moved the tone-arm back in order to backcue the track. It wasn't there. Confusion, tried again, still not there. Flipped record over, not there. flipped record over, it's there!! Went to backcue, not there!?!?!? Backcue again, it's there!! At that point I figured out what was happening. A quick study, I'm not. :roflmao:
For the life of me I can't figure out what you two are talking about!

Try as I may all I get is the same cuts... music on one side – nothing on the other!

I think I got a defective CD :frown:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I'll give you a quick and easy one! But since I am going to bed soon and will not be back before tomorrow evening (CET), please continue if someone confirms your guess!
City and location for this one!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

cedge

Mu-43 Regular
Apologies, I hadn't checked in over the weekend and as I didn't actually guess the name of the location I didn't think Id win. Feel free for someone to carry on the mantel.

cedge

Mu-43 Regular
Guess on the above location is Wembley SSE Arena, London? It looks similar to the venue that I saw Hans Zimmer perform.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Guess on the above location is Wembley SSE Arena, London? It looks similar to the venue that I saw Hans Zimmer perform.
London is correct but the arena is wrong!

Hint: Sorry no hint, I inkluded a link to a Youtube video and pressed publish, what stares me in the face as name for the video, of course the name of the arena!
So I will share that link after someone has guessed right.

cedge

Mu-43 Regular
Ok, I'll post a picture, just looking for the town/city name for this one to make it achievable. I'll narrow down the region/country if people struggle.

P2050078-Edit-Edit-1.jpg

Last edited:

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
I think it is the Rheinturm in Dusseldorf, nearly 220 meters high, I remember back in the 80's base jumpers would jump off the top with parachutes, only to have the police waiting to chase after them at the bottom, it was a regular news item on TV, accompanied by Benny Hills theme music Yakety Sax.

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Thank you @cedge who can guess where this is? as there is not a lot to go on, here's your starter for 10.
A very popular place to retire to.
P1000687 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom