Guess the Location!

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
No guesses!
I will soon go to bed so let me give a hint.
The picture was taken after a free midday concert, music is very important in this place.

And since I will not be back before tomorrow evening, @stagor , can you please be the judge until then as you obviously know the place? (Just to keep things rolling while I'm away.)

RichDesmond

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yes the East Window of St.Martins in the Field, installed in 2008 to replace a bombed out window, it is by Iranian born artist Shirazeh Houshiary, she says it represents a cross as if reflected in water. over to you @RichDesmond
Thanks. Never would have gotten it, but the poster looked very familiar, so zoomed in on that. I was in London a month ago and walked right by there. :)
I'll get something up shortly.

RichDesmond

Mu-43 Top Veteran
P1000503.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Part of a complex of buildings, so it's that I'm looking for. Imagine it will be easy for y'all. :)

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Yes the East Window of St.Martins in the Field, installed in 2008 to replace a bombed out window, it is by Iranian born artist Shirazeh Houshiary, she says it represents a cross as if reflected in water. over to you @RichDesmond
Thanks Stan for taking care of that!

This was taken in 2014, when I was in London for the "1 down, 5 to go" show with Monty Python in the O2 arena. (Aka, the show to clear all our debts! 😎 )

Last edited:

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Thanks Stan for taking care of that!

This was taken in 2014, when I was in London for the "1 down, 5 to go" show with Monty Python in the O2 arena. (Aka, the show to clear all our debts! 😎 )
Lucky you, you will no doubt understand @archaeopteryx gambian sidling bush reference.
and the song "sit on my face and tell me that you love me"

Last edited:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Lucky you, you will no doubt understand @archaeopteryx gambian sidling bush reference.
and the song "sit on my face and tell me that you love me"
Actually I have missed out entirely on the "gambian sidling bush", I think I need to get all the Flying Circus shows and watch.
For the other one I always thought it was "Sit on my face and tell me that I love you"! :)

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I have missed that altogether, MPFC might have run on Swedish television in the 60's but we didn't have a TV then and I was to young to appreciate it.
I probably saw it in the 70's and probably missed some episodes!
My take comes from Live at Hollywood Bowl and the films mostly.
I really must get the original MPFC and watch it!

I have missed that altogether, MPFC might have run on Swedish television in the 60's but we didn't have a TV then and I was to young to appreciate it.
I probably saw it in the 70's and probably missed some episodes!
My take comes from Live at Hollywood Bowl and the films mostly.
I really must get the original MPFC and watch it!
Or you could just loop the “Matching Tie and Handkerchief” CD 😊 ...it’s got most of the best cuts on it!

NoTan2

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Or you could just loop the “Matching Tie and Handkerchief” CD 😊 ...it’s got most of the best cuts on it!
I bought the Matching Tie and Handkerchief record in 1973. Don't think I still have it.

I'd owned it for a few weeks (and had played it many times) and decided, after several glasses of an excellent red, to play it yet again. After listening to Side A, I turned it over to the B side and suddenly realised that I'd never heard the material before.
At first I thought that the alcohol content of the wine was somewhat higher than expected and headed off to sleep.

The next day, I did some experimenting and soon established that the B side had two completely separate tracks and you got to hear whichever one the stylus happened to land in.
Whether it was simply by chance or by careful positioning of the stylus, it took, as noted above, a few weeks for the second track to be played.

Since this was many years before the internet, I had no way to confirm this at the time but it seems to be true according to Wikipedia. I'd forgotten all about it until you mentioned it, Dan.

Sorry this is off-topic but I couldn't resist...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom