BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
This looks like it has been taken from some elevation, either from a plane or from up on a mountain.
Your part of the world has that kind of terrain, so maybe the state of Washington?
It looks like a river is entering the sea at about a third from the left and there is a rock island out in the water outside the promontory to the right.
This might be clues to look after as we search.

PacNWMike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Not WA but it's close. There is a lighthouse nearby but not on that rock. A creek or small river does enter there.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
There goes my sense of scale away!
So the answer to your question:
Where were we when I took this ??
could be, "on a boat"! ;)

And on the Pacific coast of North America.
I will not be able to get closer than that because I am going to bed.
So my friends out there, chime in and guess!

Shortsonfire79

Mu-43 Veteran
It's my turn right?!

Confirmed, Street View goes to my location too. :laugh: This location is fairly popular. Bonus points if you can figure out what photography event I was there for during this season.
P2180207.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
It's my turn right?!

Confirmed, Street View goes to my location too. :laugh: This location is fairly popular. Bonus points if you can figure out what photography event I was there for during this season.
Could you please insert the picture in the post?
(Just press the Edit link at the lower left corner of your post and then press the insert into post button.)
It makes it a little easier to view as I/we go back to check it out as we guess.

barry

Super Moderator
Could you please insert the picture in the post?
(Just press the Edit link at the lower left corner of your post and then press the insert into post button.)
It makes it a little easier to view as I/we go back to check it out as we guess.
Fixed.

Those look like bear lockers...

Shortsonfire79

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks mod.

You guys are making quick and easy work of the pic! It is Yose! I was hoping for a specific campsite but you guys nailed it easy peasy.
PA270103.jpg

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
So it was Yosemite! I don't know the campsites in that place so I would have had to use Street-view to find it.
About the photo event, maybe that event when a waterfall lights up by the sun and looks like it is burning?
BTW, It is a tent to the left isn't it? Maybe even your tent?

I will try to find a picture as soon as possible, hopefully tonight. (The time is 22:14 here now.)

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
So what i found was a picture from 2 years ago, taken while driving Route 50 from coast to coast.
This was taken on a detour! The name of the mountain is the same as the small town beneath it, the town lies between the place I took the picture and the mountain.
What I want is the name of the mountain and the city, for extra points name the road I was on.
P1020309_DxO_Web_2.jpg

If you want clues, ask for them! Otherwise I will provide a clue tomorrow.

Shortsonfire79

Mu-43 Veteran
So it was Yosemite! I don't know the campsites in that place so I would have had to use Street-view to find it.
About the photo event, maybe that event when a waterfall lights up by the sun and looks like it is burning?
BTW, It is a tent to the left isn't it? Maybe even your tent?

Yep that's correct! Camp 4, the backpacker/climber's camp. And you nailed the event. Firefall, Feburary 18, 2019. Unfortunately not my tent; I like snow camping but we just day tripped for the light show. There's also a blue one to the right.

For yours, it doesn't quite look like terrain seen around Tahoe, and not quite red enough for Utah so I'm going to guess the Rockies. I'm unfamiliar with the Appalachians so maybe someone else could chime in.

I'll start by guessing Monarch North...

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Yep that's correct! Camp 4, the backpacker/climber's camp. And you nailed the event. Firefall, Feburary 18, 2019. Unfortunately not my tent; I like snow camping but we just day tripped for the light show. There's also a blue one to the right.

For yours, it doesn't quite look like terrain seen around Tahoe, and not quite red enough for Utah so I'm going to guess the Rockies. I'm unfamiliar with the Appalachians so maybe someone else could chime in.

I'll start by guessing Monarch North...
You are not far off!
But is there a town called "Monarch North"?
The mountain and the town has the same name!

Latest threads

Top Bottom