Guess the Location!

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
could it be one of "Rudolf's team?"
I'm sorry but I can find no reference to a Rudolf's team in relation to this place, that might mean I haven't searched correctly, but the only Rudolf's team I come up with is related to Harpers Ferry it seems like.
Wait a bit, are you referring to Santa's helpers? Now since I'm Swedish I don't know the names of the reindeer so I'm looking them up now.
Yes, it is one of Rudolf's team! :whistling:

And since Stan has helped with providing a hint I will wait until tomorrow before I think about providing one.

Real Name
Alan Grant
This was taken a few days ago, on February 28. Where is it, and for a bonus point, why does that day have a special significance for this building?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Alan Grant
I believe students who once attended here could certainly find their way around.
I can't seem to find the significance of Feb.28, still looking.
edit found it.
Yes, you have clearly found the right place.
For anyone else - Stan's reference to students relates to the original purpose of the building. In modern times it has been used for a completely different purpose, and the 28-F date is significant for its current use.

Real Name
Alan Grant
Perhaps a slight shift in viewpoint offers an extra clue:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
The second picture with the Andalusian flag and the comment from Stan about 28 February led me to:
Palace of San Telmo, Seville, Spain.
Formerly a university for mariners (I think) and now the house of the Andalusian president.

Why do you tempt me with these pictures, now I have gone on a search again when I had decided not to since I don't have any ready pictures! ;)

Real Name
Alan Grant
Yes, I thought the green-white-green flag might help. It is the Palace of San Telmo. 28-F is a public holiday every year in Andalucía, and this year in particular marks the 40th anniversary of the referendum in which the region voted for autonomy. (That may not seem a big deal now, given that in the end all the regions of Spain became autonomous communities, but my understanding is that in 1980 it wasn't obvious that would happen).

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Too late! I found something!
This one I am sure I haven't used before as it wasn't processed.
What is this structure and what is the name of the place?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom