Guess the Location!

RyanM

Mu-43 Veteran
This is a wild guess, but I wonder if that blue stuff might be a trapped cloud of atoms. Which, combined with Paris, makes me think of the International Bureau of weights and measures, with the cloud being related to precision atomic clocks.

That being said, the roofline doesn't seem to match correctly.

HaHa

Mu-43 Regular
Yes, excellent guess on the blue glow!! The blue light is the glow from a cloud of supercold Sr atoms, trapped into a lattice by standing waves from a number of laser beams. The special properties of such a Sr lattice is a key ingredient in the world's best atomic clocks.

But the International Bureau of Weights and Measures is not in Paris proper, and does not develop advanced optical atomic clocks.

In addition to the roofline, take a close look at the floor in the last picture I posted. It contains a hint.

Last edited:

HaHa

Mu-43 Regular
Last edited:

RyanM

Mu-43 Veteran
Sorry for the delay. Where is this?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
At first I thought this was part of a Roman Amphitheatre I had visited in Tarragona Spain.
Then realised it was not, but the Spanish led me to S.America, long story short,
I believe this to be part of the old town walls and fortification of Lima in Peru.

RyanM

Mu-43 Veteran
At first I thought this was part of a Roman Amphitheatre I had visited in Tarragona Spain.
Then realised it was not, but the Spanish led me to S.America, long story short,
I believe this to be part of the old town walls and fortification of Lima in Peru.
Indeed! Specifically this section of wall is in Parque la Muralla, near the much more famous Basílica y Convento de San Francisco de Lima

NoTan2

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Ok, so first time I've ever "won" this. It's now my responsibility to post an image...does it have to be recent, or can I go diggin' the vaults?
Not many rules in this thread, Joel. It's recommended to containing something that is "iconic" so that it can be guessed but not too easily.
It's also a good idea to make sure that a reverse image search doesn't give the answer away.

Plenty of older and non m43 images have been posted before.

Have fun!!

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joel
Seen by millions......
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom