Guess the Location!

foxtail1

Science geek & photo nut
Real Name
Kristi
I didn't see the reply by @foxtail1 at first, and got as far as working out that the combination of a Scandic Hotel, Spar shop, and steep slopes seems to be possible only in Norway. Your comment "a large town for its location" suggest a relatively remote location, so probably quite far north in Norway.

I was about to start looking at photos of Scandic Hotels in northern Norway when I saw it had already been answered - I believe Narvik is correct.
I zoomed in on Scandic, then started googling. I didn't even realize it was a hotel chain till then.

foxtail1

Science geek & photo nut
Real Name
Kristi
This is getting harder. I find an image and think, "That will work." Then I do a search and find that I posted it 4 years ago. :)

Okay, where is this lighthouse?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
OK Kristi I'll call it, I thought at first you had already posted this location, but upon checking I believe last time you posted a a photo of Fort point Lighthouse,
I believe this photo to be Lobster Cove Lighthouse taken from Rocky Harbour, Newfoundland.

foxtail1

Science geek & photo nut
Real Name
Kristi
OK Kristi I'll call it, I thought at first you had already posted this location, but upon checking I believe last time you posted a a photo of Fort point Lighthouse,
I believe this photo to be Lobster Cove Lighthouse taken from Rocky Harbour, Newfoundland.
Yep! And I've taken to searching this thread to be sure I haven't posted the image before, a necessity since my memory is not that good. Although, for the Photo Association thread, I'm pretty good at remembering that I have an image of something obscure that will work.

Over to you, Stan!

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Thanks Kristi, try this one,
Behind me is a famous landmark building, where is this?

foxtail1

Science geek & photo nut
Real Name
Kristi
I don't think I've posted this one before, but I suspect it will be an easy one. Where was I?

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Could it be Turkey again?
For your last posted image in this thread you said it was from before your µ43 days (Hagia Sophia in Istanbul), this seems to be taken with a G-3 camera on June 24th 2012, I think I remember you posting pictures from Turkey with a µ43 camera.
Since you joined this forum in the end of 2011 this might have been your first µ43 camera.
The question is did you bring it to Turkey? 😎

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom