Guess the Location!

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Thank you Don, right lets see, who can guess where this was taken last week ?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Nope... that was my only hope!
Very crafty work though @stagor ... trying to think this was about some beach umbrella.

so, which one of the watches did you purchase? They look very wearable.
I was tempted, but saw a lovely Patek Philippe on the Ponte Vecchi in Florence, my wife threatened to leave me, (promises promises)

Ok... so I should probably have cropped this a bit to make it a little more difficult to guess... but truly haven’t had time for any editing... and am just using some Sooc jpgs i shot (this trip I shot both Raw and jpg just to make the transfer to a family shared album less time consuming - and it worked... saved over an hour a night with this workflow)

Where is this location... and what is it’s significance?

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Ok... so I should probably have cropped this a bit to make it a little more difficult to guess... but truly haven’t had time for any editing... and am just using some Sooc jpgs i shot (this trip I shot both Raw and jpg just to make the transfer to a family shared album less time consuming - and it worked... saved over an hour a night with this workflow)

Where is this location... and what is it’s significance?
View attachment 781375
Got it, but I will wait a couple of days see what others come up with.

alan1972

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alan Grant
Hill of Crosses, Lithuania? I have not been to that part of Lithuania but it looks similar to photos I have seen.
If that's it, I suppose its significance would be as a pilgrimage site, and particularly one that has endured for Lithuanian Catholics through various political regimes.

Hill of Crosses, Lithuania? I have not been to that part of Lithuania but it looks similar to photos I have seen.
If that's it, I suppose its significance would be as a pilgrimage site, and particularly one that has endured for Lithuanian Catholics through various political regimes.
It is the Hill of Crosses. Over to you @alan1972

We couldn’t believe the number of crosses there... from old to new, from tiny to larger than life. according to our guide, this location was quite the rallying point for Lithuanians... they originally put the crosses up to commemorate losses during WW2 and subsequent rebellions - the Soviets would come in and remove them - more crosses - more removals - and on and on. As you can see the Hill stills remains, and is not only a significant memorial to the past and pilgrimage site for many Lithuanians, but is naturally now a tourist site as well. It is out in the middle of nowhere, and it makes you wonder why the Soviets went to the bother of repeatedly removing the crosses... and thereby inadvertently creating a stronger Lithuanian willpower.

below is another photo of the Hill of Crosses... with a mid September “pilgrimage”... I can’t imagine what it would have been like mid summer! This, btw is one of the larger “mountains” 😆 in the Baltic’s and only one part of the HoC site.

alan1972

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alan Grant
Thanks @pondball . I don't have much to hand, here is a quick snap from my phone. Taken from a train station platform... what is the name of the station?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom