pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
It looks like central part of dome of German Reichstag in Berlin.
It is indeed. There were some fun things to get some shots of this last trip.
Below would have been my next clue... with an iPhone 6+ our daughter gave us a few weeks before the trip. Had some fun learning how to do the panos on it. This was my first go round with it. Thankfully I got a little better as time went on. ? I think!
360B3FE0-05CC-45CA-8EFE-2C3BE61C9C90.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Over to you @Machi

Machi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
What's the name of the small town in this image?

h1.jpg

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Is it famous in any way?
I got it in the first search, second hit, but only because of @Machi's response to you asking this. From the subsequent search results I'm getting it seems best known for relatively recent earthquake damage.
Guess the Location Machi 10676.JPG

Machi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
@archaeopteryx
Great catch! :thumbup:
I'm pretty sure that you got it right but just for completion can you identified town in the scene?
Then it's over to you!

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Arrh, OK, if you insist. It's Santo Sefano de Sessanio in L'Aquila, Italy. The Guardian has a photo essay on the 2009 earthquake damage and the town's recovery and your view seems to be from about N42.338, E13.657. My search was just for "medieval hill down earthquake", which yielded a set of results in Italy as I was expecting. First hit was Amatrice and the third was Visso.

It'll be rather some hours before I can find an image to post. @BosseBe, please be my guest if you've something ready.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Arrh, OK, if you insist. It's Santo Sefano de Sessanio in L'Aquila, Italy. The Guardian has a photo essay on the 2009 earthquake damage and the town's recovery and your view seems to be from about N42.338, E13.657. My search was just for "medieval hill down earthquake", which yielded a set of results in Italy as I was expecting. First hit was Amatrice and the third was Visso.

It'll be rather some hours before I can find an image to post. @BosseBe, please be my guest if you've something ready.
OK, I'll bite as I looked for a picture the other day.
Where is this? Town and country, bonus for street name.
P1090381_DxO_Web.jpg

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
I realize this might be too obscure for you to know, so I really should give some kind of hint, so I will tell you it was taken less than a week ago.

It is so hard to find good pictures to use that isn't of famous places, I know everything about where this picture was taken but it is hard to see if there are enough clues in it to give you a chance to find it.

There is one central clue in this picture, but to understand it you need to have seen other pictures by me.

OK, that was 2 clues at the same time.

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Well I didn't expect that, please Bo put another one up, I am away on a road trip from Sunday for about 10 days, no computer just my camera.
BTW what was the particular building with the bars in Sigtuna?

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Correct @stagor it is of course Sigtuna, Sweden, that was were I went last Saturday for a Fika!
This house is on the same alley (Laurentiigränd) as the Coffee house "Tant Bruns Kaffestuga", the picture is just 180 degrees from the pictures I have shown elsewhere on this forum.

There are no bars on the windows of this house, it is just a regular house, AFAIK. What you maybe see as bars are thin pieces of wood that divides the window panes. (Spröjsade fönster.)

Since Stan is away and I have no new picture to put up tonight, so I guess it is a free for all!
If you have a picture you want to put up for guessing go ahead.

Last edited:

Aperture Don

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This should take about 5 minutes. Where and what?

P9222365.jpg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom