alan1972

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan Grant
So having ruled out Benelux the country must be Germany.

Is the city Geilenkirchen? I haven't had a chance to investigate if it has any matching buildings but it seems about the right location.

alan1972

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan Grant
Germany yes, the town of Geilenkirchen no.
Is the reference to "the town" a hint that it may be in the district of Geilenkirchen but not the town itself?

I am struggling with this one, as the area in general was once the Roman frontier any searches I do around that theme are not really helping to narrow it down, and I have not been able to find any reference to a building started in 1547.

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Is the reference to "the town" a hint that it may be in the district of Geilenkirchen but not the town itself?

I am struggling with this one, as the area in general was once the Roman frontier any searches I do around that theme are not really helping to narrow it down, and I have not been able to find any reference to a building started in 1547.
Hi Alan, time for some help. The reference to a town is just that, the location is in the middle of a town, not a city. and not Geilenkirchen.
Although the fortifications, because that is what they are, have a special name, probably derived from the word city, confusing or what.
The inner buildings are still in use today, as an academic secondary school, or as the Germans call it a Gymnasium.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Thanks, Stan.
Last time I used a picture of an aircraft in Sacramento, this is Not from there.
What is the name of this place and where is it? (I have removed some details that would have given it away.)

P1090103_DxO_Web_2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I hope this isn't too hard and not too easy either.

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Where's @archaeopteryx when you need them? Must be out sauntering somewhere. ;)
Starting a new job, actually. First multi-year contract with benefits I've had in a while, so hopefully it goes well. :) The contract I had for the few months previous was definitely somewhat unusual for the amount of time it allowed for this thread.

I hope this isn't too hard and not too easy either.
Second hit, first search. ;) Unlike Stan's bathtub brick wall where I was looking too far south.

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
I am going to say this is the USS Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum in New York City. They have a Space Shuttle (Enterprise) as well as a Lockheed SR-71.

First time I have seen a plane displayed on pillars like that. Like it.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
I am going to say this is the USS Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum in New York City. They have a Space Shuttle (Enterprise) as well as a Lockheed SR-71.

First time I have seen a plane displayed on pillars like that. Like it.
Not in New York City, go west young man.

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
Haven't been called a young man for a while.

Turns out there are a lot of SR-71s on display. The combination is also at the California Science Center, which will make the space shuttle Endeavour.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Haven't been called a young man for a while.

Turns out there are a lot of SR-71s on display. The combination is also at the California Science Center, which will make the space shuttle Endeavour.
I will have to agree that it says Endeavour on the side of the shuttle (I erased the bit of the name that could be seen) but the picture is not taken in California, now you have to head east.
I will check to see if the shuttle is genuine.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
I will have to agree that it says Endeavour on the side of the shuttle (I erased the bit of the name that could be seen) but the picture is not taken in California, now you have to head east.
I will check to see if the shuttle is genuine.
OK, I checked, it is a replica of Endeavour.

enmk

New to Mu-43
Alright, my turn now .

P1040046.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom