Guess the Location!

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Is this Longyearbyen, on Norway's Spitsbergen Island, in the Svalbard archipelago?
A little over 2000 people live in Longyearbyen, most are Northern Norwegians, and the rest foreigners from all over the world. As you don't need a visa to live on Svalbard and have the same rights to open a business on the island as Norwegians do, it's relatively easy to move there.

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Last edited:

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
Try this one, who knows or can work out where this is.
should be pretty easy.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
The castle with the flag in the background makes me think Europe, because that building style seems to be really old, 13th century or so.
So maybe the UK or Ireland?
Yes Ireland, but the "castle" is actually a folly. originally built at the start of the 19th. century to store explosives.

Last edited:

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
I guess this thread is just about dead, due to lack of interest.
I just tried to google Ireland, castle folly, and explosives storage, the third answer down was Donaghadee Co. Down N.Ireland. which of course was correct. so like I said not difficult.

@stagor its not dead... it’s only restin’!
😊 🦜 😂

I’ll be back during the autumn winter months with some more shots... late spring are always a busy time for me... barely have enough time to get the camera out let alone search for some of the more obscure places that have appeared here recently. Mostly I’m interested in interesting places I want to put on my travel bucket list or places with some historical significance. Not really interested in drumlins

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
I too hope it is resting. Probably a fair few people are away during August in the Northern hemisphere. It has taken me to places I did not know existed.

I had been looking for suitable coastal locations, but started in Limerick and Cork area and was working round. Curiously Google NZ did not give me any help?

Have a lack of time these days. The puppy is growing fast, and needs a lot of attention now he can go out into the big wide world.

alan1972

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alan Grant
I too hope it is resting. Probably a fair few people are away during August in the Northern hemisphere.
That is certainly the reason for my lack of participation recently, I have been busy with family travel and not really connected to the forum. In a week or so I will be back to normal and hopefully with a few new locations to post. Maybe others are in a similar situation.

foxtail1

Science geek & photo nut
Real Name
Kristi
I tried some searches for Irish castles/follies near the coast, but this is my busiest time of year (university classes start Monday) and I had to put it aside. I'm still interested in continuing the thread.

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
I tried some searches for Irish castles/follies near the coast, but this is my busiest time of year (university classes start Monday) and I had to put it aside. I'm still interested in continuing the thread.
Kristi please read my post, I have given the answer, "Donaghadee" Co.Down N.Ireland.
So if anyone wants to post a new guess please do so.

foxtail1

Science geek & photo nut
Real Name
Kristi
Kristi please read my post, I have given the answer, "Donaghadee" Co.Down N.Ireland.
So if anyone wants to post a new guess please do so.
I saw that, Stan. My point was that I did search, but didn't have too long to play with it. I really like the searching, even when we need clues, as I learn a lot about the world from this thread. But, I didn't have time to really keep going on this one. I'm sure you're right—the correct search string would have gotten it easily, but I didn't get to the correct one.

BosseBe

Mu-43 All-Pro
I like this thread and often try to chime in with observations of things in the picture but when it comes to the final search for the exact place I come up short.
Maybe that is because I'm not a original English speaker so i have problems to find the right words to search for.
Any way let us continue this thread, I want to submit this picture for your amusement:
Where is this and what is the mountain called:

Hope this is OK.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom