Guess I....

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Marcula, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Marcula

Marcula Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2011
    Surrey, UK
    ....should say 'hi' too :smile: - I'm based in Surrey, UK; I'm a few weeks into GF1 ownership, and loving it :biggrin: - so much versatility and a near-DSLR experience in a compact package. Like many others here, my roots are in Canon territory - 350D, 10D, 20D, 50D, 5D Mk I and Mk II have all graced my (heavyweight) Crumpler bags... but I was finding that the kit was almost getting in the way of the photography process, and that seemed rather A-about-F, if you catch my drift.

My Canon set-ups (2 bodies, 10 lenses) will stay, and be used when time allows and when image quality is paramount. But, in the meanwhile, m4/3 has re-invigorated my interest in taking pictures. A simpler tool, for capturing moments - and with two young children, that's just fab :thumbup: Oh, and I'm just getting started on legacy lenses and adaptors - what a wonderful bonus :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group! That GF1 is such a cool little camera, particularly with the 20/1.7 on there. =)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. brianvickers

brianvickers Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011
    Welcome, and thanks for posting the excellent shot at Disney.
    I'm in a similar position with Olympus E-P1 (20mm f1.7, 14-42, 40-150) and 50D
    looking forward to seeing more of your work
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    • Like Like x 1
  5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Welcome aboard. I hope you find your time here enjoyable.

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome.
  7. littlefish

littlefish Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    Glos., UK
    Welcome and very well put.