1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Guess I....

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Marcula, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Marcula

Marcula Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2011
    Surrey, UK
    ....should say 'hi' too :smile: - I'm based in Surrey, UK; I'm a few weeks into GF1 ownership, and loving it :biggrin: - so much versatility and a near-DSLR experience in a compact package. Like many others here, my roots are in Canon territory - 350D, 10D, 20D, 50D, 5D Mk I and Mk II have all graced my (heavyweight) Crumpler bags... but I was finding that the kit was almost getting in the way of the photography process, and that seemed rather A-about-F, if you catch my drift.

My Canon set-ups (2 bodies, 10 lenses) will stay, and be used when time allows and when image quality is paramount. But, in the meanwhile, m4/3 has re-invigorated my interest in taking pictures. A simpler tool, for capturing moments - and with two young children, that's just fab :thumbup: Oh, and I'm just getting started on legacy lenses and adaptors - what a wonderful bonus :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group! That GF1 is such a cool little camera, particularly with the 20/1.7 on there. =)

• Like Like x 1
  3. brianvickers

brianvickers Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011
    Welcome, and thanks for posting the excellent shot at Disney.
    I'm in a similar position with Olympus E-P1 (20mm f1.7, 14-42, 40-150) and 50D
    looking forward to seeing more of your work

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome aboard. I hope you find your time here enjoyable.

Gary

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome.

7. littlefish

littlefish Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    Glos., UK
    Welcome and very well put.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.