Grip options EM5?

tm3

Mu-43 Regular
I decided to order the JB grip only to learn that it is no longer made.

There are a lot of similar appearing grips on eBay, like below. Does anyone have a recommendation?

imagejpg1-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Too bad about the JB Designs grip; I really liked it. They pop up used occasionally. Worth keeping an eye out for or posting a "wanted to buy" ad.

I have that same grip you have pictured for the E-P5. Thought it was pretty good, especially if you want the L-plate, though not quite as good as the JB. Some folks complained about the JB grip being too sharp. This one is very much rounded, so may be better for some people. Build quality on the LB version seems excellent to me (though I've never used an RRS product).

RamblinR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Maria
Just check with the ebay one that you don't have to take it off to get to the SD card door.
Could prove to be a PITA.

tm3

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks. Yes, RRS stuff is nice but seems overly spendy to me.

I saw one on eBay that looks like it will not cover the card slot. Maybe some feedback will show up, otherwise I may try the one pictured.

letsgofishing

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mike Kaplan

There are a lot of similar appearing grips on eBay, like below. Does anyone have a recommendation?

imagejpg1-1.jpg

Found a very similar one on Ebay - there's a cut out in the grip so you can access the card door. It didn't have the vertical plate though. It was around $50

Robstar1963

Mad on Motorsports
Real Name
Rob
I had a 'Kaavie' grip on my last E-M5 which was identical to the one the OP has pictured except it did not have the additional end plate sticking up as pictured
This was a superbly comfortable and ergonomc grip to use and I would recommend to anyone
I preferred this grip to the olympus version as I dont like having multiple shutter release buttons etc much preferring to use the main shutter release with the Kaavie grip
Regards
Rob

ahinesdesign

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Aaron

imagejpg1-1.jpg

I've been thinking of buying one of these but I'm not sure how well the portrait orientation plate works (can't find out if there are any pins in the end that keep it from twisting). Price is better than RRS, but I'm sure quality and warranty/support is much less than RRS...

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I've been thinking of buying one of these but I'm not sure how well the portrait orientation plate works (can't find out if there are any pins in the end that keep it from twisting). Price is better than RRS, but I'm sure quality and warranty/support is much less than RRS...

On the E-P5 version from the same mfg the plate is held on with an Allen screw and then smaller pins on either side of it that lock it in to place. Seems very sturdy to me.

tm3

Mu-43 Regular
On the E-P5 version from the same mfg the plate is held on with an Allen screw and then smaller pins on either side of it that lock it in to place. Seems very sturdy to me.

Demiro is the SD slot blocked with this grip, and if so do you find it a problem?

Will check on the Kaavie grip also. Thanks, everyone.

tm3

Mu-43 Regular
Unable to find the Kaavie, looks like it is not avaliable to the USA.

This one looks like it might be the best choice, as the SD slot is not blocked. It is branded "Fittest"

fittest.jpg

Mu-43 All-Pro
The HLD-6 goes on sale at Olympus Outlet for $100 pretty often. I love the one I have, The additional shutter release makes it really nice. The extra function buttons don't really do much for me though.

-Joe

tm3

Mu-43 Regular
The HLD-6 goes on sale at Olympus Outlet for $100 pretty often. I love the one I have, The additional shutter release makes it really nice. The extra function buttons don't really do much for me though.

-Joe

That is a great deal as they are $200 right now

Latest threads

Top Bottom