1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Grip for our PEN

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by razumoff, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    I don't like the look of those, I'd rather have a Thumbs-Up equivalent - anyway, gave it a quick look, maybe you should ask directly one of the Dicain resellers on ebay ? They have the models for Sony Alphas and Pentax, they should be able to source the Pen version ?

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Funny that you should post this, as I've been wondering if anyone made something like this for the Pens. I've found nothing in my searches. The one in the first link doesn't look too bad, but the one in the second one is a bit on the ugly side. This link shows it better (just click on the moving image on the right): http://www.dicain.com/. If I could figure out the cost and how to buy one, I'd likely get a silver one for the E-P1 and a black one for E-P2.

Cheers

Ray

3. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Had a look at the site - my browser listed it as having a poor reputation. 50,000 Korean Won is about $45 (AU/US).

Google translation.

5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    $45 isn't all that bad if they're made from full alloy. I guess in time they'll be more readily available, but I'm surprised that they aren't on ebay right now. I like the base, as it gives just that little extra as a finger brace.

Cheers

Ray

6. razumoff

razumoff Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 31, 2010
    France, Paris
    Thanks Guys,

No so obvious....

Kind regards

7. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Yes. I've been wanting a better grip for my E-P1 since I first bought it. There just isn't enough definition or protusion for me to actually grab onto with its current grip.

8. kiynook

kiynook Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2010
  9. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
  10. ulli65

ulli65 New to Mu-43

Feb 7, 2011
    its a must when using a heavy (mf) lens,
    I managed to get a used E-P2 which had this korean made grip included in black (2nd link)
    I use it with my Nokton 50mm f/1.1 plus the EVF-2.
    it feels safe carrying it this way without using the strap.
    the cnc made grip is very high quality, sturdy and no flex at all

11. kiynook

kiynook Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2010
    Sorry for the very late reply..

Yes, the grip is always on my PEN except during street shooting with pancake lens..

Friends have commented that I turned my little PEN into a "DSLR" with the grip and my large 4/3 14-54mm f2.8 lens but it's so stable to use large lens now.

12. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but does anybody know where these grips can be found now?

Thanks,

DH

13. thp123

thp123 New to Mu-43

May 15, 2011
    bump
    I would like to know too
    Thanks

14. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Would love to know if anything like this is available for the E-PL1, i allways feel there is not enough to hold onto with mine and am frightful i might drop it one day.