Grip for our PEN

Gwendal

Mu-43 Veteran
I don't like the look of those, I'd rather have a Thumbs-Up equivalent - anyway, gave it a quick look, maybe you should ask directly one of the Dicain resellers on ebay ? They have the models for Sony Alphas and Pentax, they should be able to source the Pen version ?

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Funny that you should post this, as I've been wondering if anyone made something like this for the Pens. I've found nothing in my searches. The one in the first link doesn't look too bad, but the one in the second one is a bit on the ugly side. This link shows it better (just click on the moving image on the right): http://www.dicain.com/. If I could figure out the cost and how to buy one, I'd likely get a silver one for the E-P1 and a black one for E-P2.

Cheers

Ray

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
$45 isn't all that bad if they're made from full alloy. I guess in time they'll be more readily available, but I'm surprised that they aren't on ebay right now. I like the base, as it gives just that little extra as a finger brace.

Cheers

Ray

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
Yes. I've been wanting a better grip for my E-P1 since I first bought it. There just isn't enough definition or protusion for me to actually grab onto with its current grip.

ulli65

New to Mu-43
its a must when using a heavy (mf) lens,
I managed to get a used E-P2 which had this korean made grip included in black (2nd link)
I use it with my Nokton 50mm f/1.1 plus the EVF-2.
it feels safe carrying it this way without using the strap.
the cnc made grip is very high quality, sturdy and no flex at all

kiynook

Mu-43 Regular
Sorry for the very late reply..

Yes, the grip is always on my PEN except during street shooting with pancake lens..

Friends have commented that I turned my little PEN into a "DSLR" with the grip and my large 4/3 14-54mm f2.8 lens but it's so stable to use large lens now.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
Sorry for the very late reply..

Yes, the grip is always on my PEN except during street shooting with pancake lens..

Friends have commented that I turned my little PEN into a "DSLR" with the grip and my large 4/3 14-54mm f2.8 lens but it's so stable to use large lens now.
Don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but does anybody know where these grips can be found now?

Thanks,

DH

dpj

Mu-43 Regular
Would love to know if anything like this is available for the E-PL1, i allways feel there is not enough to hold onto with mine and am frightful i might drop it one day.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom