Grip for Olympus E-PM1?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kriskerry91, Oct 12, 2012.

1. kriskerry91

kriskerry91 Mu-43 Regular

I have had a quick search on the threads about grips but couldn't find anything myself so sorry if this question has already been asked.

I have fairly small hands so at the moment my E-PM1 sits in my hand just fine, but I would like a grip just for when I get an awkward shot where I need to hold the camera at a strange angle.

I'm looking for a fairly cheap option but not too cheap where there is a risk of the grip falling off! Still want quality.

I've seen some grips on ebay for around the £10 mark that just stick on.
    Heres a link to one of them:
    Flipbac Camera Grip G2 for Nikon J1 Olympus E-PM1 E-PL3 XZ-1 Canon S95 S90 | eBay

Anyone used one of these? Or do you think they are any good?
    I'm just abit dubious due to the price!

Thanks,
    Kris.

2. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    • Like Like x 1
  3. skao

skao New to Mu-43

May 25, 2012
    I do use the Franiec grip for my E-PL3 as well. It's well built (out of aluminium) and well improves my camera handling. Nevertheless I have heard only good things about the flipbac grips as well. You can order them directly at Camera Grips - FLIPBAC INNOVATIONS if you don't trust the ebay resellers. Flipbac also has different forms (all made of silicone).
    I was about to buy one of the flipbac grips as well, but decided to get the franiec grip in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  4. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    If you want a grip that's functional and looks like it was built into the camera, go with the Franiec. If you want something that's functional, inexpensive and looks like an add-on, the Flipbac works fine. I used Franiec grips on three different Canon models and was very satisfied. Lately, I've used the Flipbacs on the E-PM1 and Oly XZ-1; no complaints other than appearance.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MikeinAlexandria

MikeinAlexandria Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.