1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Grip for Olympus E-PM1?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kriskerry91, Oct 12, 2012.

1. kriskerry91

kriskerry91 Mu-43 Regular

I have had a quick search on the threads about grips but couldn't find anything myself so sorry if this question has already been asked.

I have fairly small hands so at the moment my E-PM1 sits in my hand just fine, but I would like a grip just for when I get an awkward shot where I need to hold the camera at a strange angle.

I'm looking for a fairly cheap option but not too cheap where there is a risk of the grip falling off! Still want quality.

I've seen some grips on ebay for around the £10 mark that just stick on.
    Heres a link to one of them:
    Flipbac Camera Grip G2 for Nikon J1 Olympus E-PM1 E-PL3 XZ-1 Canon S95 S90 | eBay

Anyone used one of these? Or do you think they are any good?
    I'm just abit dubious due to the price!

Thanks,
    Kris.

2. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    • Like Like x 1
  3. skao

skao New to Mu-43

May 25, 2012
    I do use the Franiec grip for my E-PL3 as well. It's well built (out of aluminium) and well improves my camera handling. Nevertheless I have heard only good things about the flipbac grips as well. You can order them directly at Camera Grips - FLIPBAC INNOVATIONS if you don't trust the ebay resellers. Flipbac also has different forms (all made of silicone).
    I was about to buy one of the flipbac grips as well, but decided to get the franiec grip in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  4. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    If you want a grip that's functional and looks like it was built into the camera, go with the Franiec. If you want something that's functional, inexpensive and looks like an add-on, the Flipbac works fine. I used Franiec grips on three different Canon models and was very satisfied. Lately, I've used the Flipbacs on the E-PM1 and Oly XZ-1; no complaints other than appearance.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MikeinAlexandria

MikeinAlexandria Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2012