Grip for GM-1?

I have been looking for a grip for this tiny body and things seem scant. Sunway made an L bracket/grip back in the day but they don’t make it any more. This one is my ideal choice but any other options are welcome too. Pana’s OEM grip is too expensive and not looking for that.
Search results also pointed in the direction of Sony’s official RX100 grip but I am not entirely sure about that. Etsy has a few custom made grips for RX100 that look more comfortable. Any pointers? Aliexpress has L brackets for GM-1 that look ok too but I thought I will check with folks here first since Aliexpress orders take more than a month to arrive anyway.

Real Name
Andrew L
The OEM grip is actually really good, I had it with my GM1/5. If you found it cheap second hand, it would be worth it. I'm not aware of other currently available grips, but others may have a better idea. I have gotten a Chinese domestic grip for my GR3 that is quite good, despite seeming a little generic in the eBay listing.

NoSeconds

Peaky Blinder
Real Name
Troy
I've got the Sunway grip and I really like it apart from having to take it off to swap batteries out... but I don't think there are any grips for the GM1 that have a cutout for the battery door anyway...

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Claude
Search results also pointed in the direction of Sony’s official RX100 grip but I am not entirely sure about that.
I have the Sony grip on my GM5. I bought the camera with the grip already on it. Apparently this grip is glued in place, there is no plate under the camera. It does the job well - the only thing, it looks a bit funny to have the name SONY on the front of the camera!

threeOh

Mu-43 Veteran
I ordered this one yesterday. Cycle through the images and there’s one mounted on a GM1.

Edited to include link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/293271052099

Different approach to the typical manufacturer's grips. I’ve used Flipbac stick-ons in the past. They never shifted a bit on my Fuji's no matter how hot it got at my south Florida home. Hopefully this Chinese one won’t as well.

The Sony one's fit as well. Just trim off the side that has “Sony” on it.

Last edited:

davidzvi

Real Name
David
IMHO the Sony RX100 grip is the best option next to the Richard Franiec grip. But since he's no longer making them......

Latest threads

Top Bottom