Grip for GM-1?

I have been looking for a grip for this tiny body and things seem scant. Sunway made an L bracket/grip back in the day but they don’t make it any more. This one is my ideal choice but any other options are welcome too. Pana’s OEM grip is too expensive and not looking for that.
Search results also pointed in the direction of Sony’s official RX100 grip but I am not entirely sure about that. Etsy has a few custom made grips for RX100 that look more comfortable. Any pointers? Aliexpress has L brackets for GM-1 that look ok too but I thought I will check with folks here first since Aliexpress orders take more than a month to arrive anyway.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
The OEM grip is actually really good, I had it with my GM1/5. If you found it cheap second hand, it would be worth it. I'm not aware of other currently available grips, but others may have a better idea. I have gotten a Chinese domestic grip for my GR3 that is quite good, despite seeming a little generic in the eBay listing.

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Rookie
Search results also pointed in the direction of Sony’s official RX100 grip but I am not entirely sure about that.
I have the Sony grip on my GM5. I bought the camera with the grip already on it. Apparently this grip is glued in place, there is no plate under the camera. It does the job well - the only thing, it looks a bit funny to have the name SONY on the front of the camera!

threeOh

Mu-43 Regular
I ordered this one yesterday. Cycle through the images and there’s one mounted on a GM1.

Edited to include link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/293271052099

Different approach to the typical manufacturer's grips. I’ve used Flipbac stick-ons in the past. They never shifted a bit on my Fuji's no matter how hot it got at my south Florida home. Hopefully this Chinese one won’t as well.

The Sony one's fit as well. Just trim off the side that has “Sony” on it.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom