Grip Falling off OMD EM1 Mark II

alex g

Mu-43 All-Pro
Mine peeled away within months (E-M1 mk II) and has continued to gradually stretch since then. I keep meaning to get it fixed, but it doesn't appear to be a threat to the camera's general health, it's just untidy and very mildly irritating. I've always assumed that it's probably related to the fact that I tend to have quite hot hands (oh, behave!). Odd though, that a company can make something as complex and elaborate as a digital camera, yet struggle with something as apparently simple as an adhesive grip. That and hot-shoe covers that don't break within minutes. And rear dials of course. Oh, and occasionally strap lugs. But apart from the grips, hot-shoe covers, dials and strap lugs, Olympus cameras are really well built.

Sorry, just being silly. :D

Interesting that I have sen more posts for the grip material coming off the pro models for both Oly & Panasonic than the cheaper ones.
The cheaper models at least the ones I own seem to have a complete moulding instead of a thick covering. Possibly as they are all plastic instead of a covering over a chassis, don't know.

Not a big problem but annoying considering the price you pay.
Neither of my OM10’s has this problem, but both also have optional grip on them.

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Interesting that I have sen more posts for the grip material coming off the pro models for both Oly & Panasonic than the cheaper ones.
The cheaper models at least the ones I own seem to have a complete moulding instead of a thick covering. Possibly as they are all plastic instead of a covering over a chassis, don't know.

Not a big problem but annoying considering the price you pay.
Yeah the adhesive bonds to plastic much better. The other reason might be the deeper grips - the contour is harder to stay bonded to than a shallow or non-existant grip.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom