1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Grip Extension for EP1

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Djarum, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Does anyone know if they make some sort of grip enhancement/extension for the EP1? I really like the camera alot, but I wish it had just a slightly thicker grip.

Dj

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Djarum,

how do you carry your E-P1? I find that having a neck strap makes the camera easy to keep stable - I'll often walk with my hand resting on the camera, holding it down in tension slightly.

It would actually be quite easy to have a grip enhancement made for the E-P1, due to the manner the leather pad is attached... just a moment, I remember seeing something :

3996417423_ab4f083475_o.

From this flickr stream.

If you e-mail Richard Franiec, I'm sure he'd be able to produce something!

Cheers

Brian

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    That it too funny Brian........

4. capp

capp New to Mu-43

Jan 27, 2010
    Side Grip

Has anyone tried a sidegrip for the Olympus EP1, something close to the Voigtlander side grip? Will it work or fit or maybe a different one? My thumb keeps hitting the thumb wheel. The newer camera doesn't have one maybe a good reason to buy it in the future.

5. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I have the same problem and have wondered about a side grip or a thicker grip in general. I don't have the problem of my thumb doing something at the time of the shot. I just have trouble changing ISO or WB when I'm wanting to change EV or shutter speed.

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Just a note to say that the two threads discussing the same concept have now been merged into one, to make things easier.:flowers_2: