1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Gremlins in the shed

Discussion in 'Back Room' started by OzRay, Aug 8, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    This is partly related to photography, as I'm halfway through photography DIY project, but what happened yesterday got me wondering whether others have experienced similar weird happenings. Yesterday I was in my shed building my project and was using an Allen key (about 6" long) to undo some screws on my little project. I put the Allen key down on the work bench, along with the handle that I used to give more leverage, and went to another workbench to do some drilling. Once finished, I went to grab the Allen key and it was no where to be found. I turned over everything, looked between cracks etc and the Allen key was gone, like it never existed.

Today I was back in the shed to do more work on the project and started looking again for the Allen key, hopefully with a fresh set of eyes and a better temper. Nope, no luck whatsoever. I simply can't believe something like this can just disappear into thin air. Also, a couple of months ago, I made four tie-down brackets for the back of my 4WD, which I used on a trip, and when I got back, I removed them from the 4WD, put them into a white cotton bag so that they wouldn't get lost and put them in what I thought was a safe place in the shed. They too have now gone missing and I've pulled everything apart trying to find them, to no avail. These two items aren't the only things that have suddenly gone missing.

I'm now certain that there are gremlins in the shed and they just love screwing up my DIY projects.:mad:

2. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    Gremlins-Medicom-VCD-Stripe.
    I have gremlins in my computer/photo gear room.

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I thought so as well, after our move a few years ago, but I've found most things now. I just blame that on my packing and labelling skills. The shed is another story.