Greetings from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by DriftlessRider, Feb 4, 2016.

1. I just got my first grown-up camera this week, an Olympus E-PL6, and I'm kinda excited.

I spend a lot of my free time motorcycling on my 2008 Triumph Bonneville and taking pictures along the way. I've been using Nikon point-and-shoot cameras. I had a S8100 that took nice pictures, but it broke and I'm not happy with the S9300 I got to replace it. Plus, I used to have a fully manual Argus C3 when I was a kid that I pretty much had figured out, and I wanted to get playing with fstops and stuff.

So, like the Bonneville, the E-PL6 seems like a really good value for what I was getting. Seems like it should do all I need without paying for more than I need. I hope.

A friend on my motorcycle forum pointed me over here, so here I am to check it out :) 

Here are the best of my first-day pics, walking around the house and playing with the camera. I need to settle into studying this thing now ...

i-DkG3XFf-L.

i-GgDZNmH-L.

i-SS34D5m-L.

2. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Greetings and Welcome. Love the Driftless Area.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.