1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Greetings from (waaay too hot right now) Savannah

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by KiowaScout, Jul 23, 2012.

1. KiowaScout

KiowaScout New to Mu-43

Jul 23, 2012
    Savannah, GA
    Hello,
    I was referred to this forum after getting all kinds of mixed replies on a different forum when I asked about camera selections that would fit in the cramped confines of my cockpit. I am happy to say that I am the new owner of an Olympus OMD and took it flying today. Now I just have to learn to use it right to get its full potential!

See y'all around the forum.

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome, you've come to the right place! I hear what you said about the heat, it's been a very hot summer here, too! :biggrin:

3. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

WELCOME

Have you perused the threads and stickies discussing settings on the EM5? I think everything is referenced on the "New OMD Owners" thread. :smile:

Be careful looking through that viewfinder while flying. I got the worst case of air-sickness of my life doing aerial shots of some property from about 1000 ft. Normally I have no problem with air-sickness but something about being glued to the viewfinder messed with my equilibrium I guess. The pilot had no sickness bags either. And those darn windows only open a couple inches. :biggrin::tongue::eek:

4. KiowaScout

KiowaScout New to Mu-43

Jul 23, 2012
    Savannah, GA
    Thanks for the welcomes and information. I cannot use the view finder even if I wanted to do so since I'm flying a helicopter and transferring the controls to the other guy to take the shots. The bumping and natural vibrations of a helo make it difficult just to focus, much less shoot! :)
    I'll be heading over to that OMD forum now, took a few pictures on last evening's flight and am going to pick some brains for the best settings for my line of work!