Greetings from Virginia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by billgreen, Apr 4, 2012.

1. billgreen

billgreen Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 4, 2012
    Herradura de Rivas, Costa Rica
    Bill Green
    hello all,

Long time photographer (over 40 years). Currently shooting with Nikon D7000 system and Lumix GF-1/G2 system. The Mu43 system was developed mainly as a back-up and for light travel. I'm very quickly transforming the Lumix outfit to my primary.

Last December we went to Costa Rica and somehow I summoned up the nerve to leave the Nikon at home and go strictly Mu43. I am becoming more and more comfortable and confident that the Lumix can deliver what I want in most any situations. The size and weight difference (compared to the Nikon) is like night and day. My neck and shoulders are rejoicing.

At this point I am seriously considering letting the Nikon go. I rarely use it any longer. If i do I will look closely at the new Olympus OMD as my mainstay.

Anyway, having gotten pretty fed up with the juvenile behaviors on the "other" photography site, I searched for an alternative. I hope to learn as well as inform here on what seems to be a more serious forum. :smile:

Bill

• Like Like x 1
  2. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Bill, greetings from a fellow Virginian (transplanted to Southern California). Welcome aboard. I had the same reasons for the transition to :43:. I still make most of my part-time income from the use of Nikon full frame; however, most of my recreational camera work has been with :43:.

How is the Old Dominion these days?

3. foxtail1

foxtail1 Science geek & photo nut

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    Hi Bill,

Welcome...from the other side of the mountain.

How are you guys doing?

Kristi

4. billgreen

Apr 4, 2012
    Bill Green
    Is that you Kristi?? My, my, what a small world.

We're fine. and you? PM me. don't want to bore these good people with personal stuff.

5. billgreen

Apr 4, 2012
    Bill Green
    PRETTY OLD! :wink:

6. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Welcome from Midlothian!