Greetings from the UK (Southport)

abooth2909

New to Mu-43
Hi all, just a quick intro really.

I have recently purchased a GF1 + 20mm lens to complement my Canon 40D and 24-70L. I recently found that as great as the images are from my setup, I miss a lot of shots of the kids as I don't take my gear out with me due to the bulk / weight!

That's where the GF1 will hopefully step in.

Andy

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
Welcome Andy, and Hello from Edinburgh. I used to work near Southport many years ago, and did a lot of flying at RAF Woodvale - flying Chipmunks.They were good times. You've bought a nice kit there - very tasty.

All the best,

Colin

leeh

Mu-43 Rookie
Hello Andy

I have only just joined myself, I recon it's OK around here.

michaelfinch

Mu-43 Regular
Hi Andy. Welcome. I'm yet another in NW England. Just over the hill from you in Ribchester. I'm sure you'll enjoy this group - plenty help and advice around and some great pix too.
Cheers
Michael

DarrenG

Mu-43 Regular
Welcome Andy.
I used to work near Southport many years ago, and did a lot of flying at RAF Woodvale - flying Chipmunks.
Make that two of us! Used to travel to Woodvale with my ATC Squadron (418 Aberconwy) to fly Chipmunks. Fond memories of the aircraft evacuation brief, slide canopy back, release stop, slide fully back, dive out avoiding wing :smile:

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
Welcome Andy.

Make that two of us! Used to travel to Woodvale with my ATC Squadron (418 Aberconwy) to fly Chipmunks. Fond memories of the aircraft evacuation brief, slide canopy back, release stop, slide fully back, dive out avoiding wing :smile:
Great stuff! Nice plane the old chipmunk :smile:

Did you ever fly gliders at Burtonwood?

I use to love flying, but got grounded due to a health problem:(

All the best,

Colin

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
I only ever flew in the Ventures, so long ago I can't recall where now!
"Dive out avoiding wing." Haha.

Remembering how tight the Chipmunk's cockpit was, and the weight of the bulky and restrictive parachute and life vest, I'd say the chances of bailing out and getting to the ground in one piece were pretty slim :eek:

DarrenG

Mu-43 Regular
Especially as the video showed the aircraft spinning towards the ground but the VO said "for the purposes of this demonstration we will assume level flight". Yeah right!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom