1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Greetings from the Streets of Colorado

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Charlie_Boy, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Charlie_Boy

Charlie_Boy Guest

OK, OK, we probably have more hiking trails in Colorado than streets but I have always been most interested in the social landscape. Street photography, photo journalism, event photography, urban scenes, these are the things that interest me the most.

I grew up in the harbor area of Baltimore, my father was a fireman on a fire boat in the harbor and I sure got in my share of trouble on those streets. When I reached adulthood I spent the next twenty years outside the U.S., in Europe, Japan, and the Middle East. I settled in Colorado when I returned to the States in 1990. While most of my education and work experience has been technical I have also worked for many years as a crisis line volunteer. I think that experience is what puts me at ease on the streets.

I generally use a full frame camera but I purchased a GF1 to try street photography with it. I like the smaller format and that people do not take me that seriously with what looks like a point and shoot hanging from my neck. I have been walking around with a 14mm lens and am getting good results. I will post some images soon. Until then, you can see my work at Travels with Charlie.

Charlie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.