Greetings from the Pt. Pleasant, NJ!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Frunch, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Frunch

Frunch Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2011
    I am a total noob to photography, but recently took an interest after reading an article about HDR photography and seeing some stunning photography by a Dutch fellow on Flickr. I don't have a good camera yet, I just borrow a basic Point and Shoot that I bought my girlfriend when the spirit moves me. I read a thread about micro 4/3 cameras on reddit.com and was intrigued by the idea of a powerful camera that was also small. I'd been looking into getting a DSLR and probably still will at some point, but I really like the idea of having a smaller camera that is capable of shooting RAW and having the option of interchangeable lenses. I narrowly missed out on that amazing deal the other day for the GF2 w/ the 14mm lens, it would have been an awesome start for my micro 4/3 photography. Anyway, I'm here to learn, and hopefully locate a nice used micro 4/3 camera(and lenses too!). So far I'm very impressed with how polite and helpful the community is here, I'm certain I will learn lots from the folks here! Keep up the good work, everyone! :smile:

Trevor

2. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    welcome to the forum...

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello Trevor and welcome - lots of :43: models available these days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.