Greetings from the Pt. Pleasant, NJ!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Frunch, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Frunch

Frunch Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2011
    I am a total noob to photography, but recently took an interest after reading an article about HDR photography and seeing some stunning photography by a Dutch fellow on Flickr. I don't have a good camera yet, I just borrow a basic Point and Shoot that I bought my girlfriend when the spirit moves me. I read a thread about micro 4/3 cameras on and was intrigued by the idea of a powerful camera that was also small. I'd been looking into getting a DSLR and probably still will at some point, but I really like the idea of having a smaller camera that is capable of shooting RAW and having the option of interchangeable lenses. I narrowly missed out on that amazing deal the other day for the GF2 w/ the 14mm lens, it would have been an awesome start for my micro 4/3 photography. Anyway, I'm here to learn, and hopefully locate a nice used micro 4/3 camera(and lenses too!). So far I'm very impressed with how polite and helpful the community is here, I'm certain I will learn lots from the folks here! Keep up the good work, everyone! :smile:

2. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    welcome to the forum...
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello Trevor and welcome - lots of :43: models available these days.