Greetings from the Northern California

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by eyeguy, Feb 26, 2011.

1. eyeguy

eyeguy Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    I'm Albert. I'm a full time student here in the Bay Area. I Just got back from a trip to Central America and was just really disappointed with the image quality from my P+S so I decided to step it up to a better camera. Combined with the fact that I have a hand full of graduations and weddings to attend within the next year.

A lot of my family members have DSLRs (D90) but they've always seemed too clunky for me to carry around. I was debating between MFT and s95 (or xz-1) for a bit, but I really like the idea of the MFT.

I'm hoping to get a MFT by summer time. I'm leaning towards getting the PL2, and I am trying to figure out if I should just get it now on amazon ($550) or wait around for a better deal to come along. I don't really NEED a camera until summer time. I'll probably be checking the marketplace on here often, and look forward to reading other's opinions on here!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

eyeguy, thanks so much for your introduction and welcome! Take your time and watch for the prices, however bear in mind that you will want to have any camera you buy well in advance of any important photographic opportunities. It takes a while to get to know any camera.

Check out the Olympus and Panasonic forums, the This or That forum (perfect for comparing two different cameras)...and the different image threads, too. Don't hesitate to ask questions, eyeguy. And thanks again for taking the time to introduce yourself as your first post.:thumbup: