Greetings from the North of New Zealand!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Auntiepode, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Auntiepode

Auntiepode Mu-43 Regular

Bought a GF1 recently to unburden my neck. A Canon DSLR with my usual 24 - 105 zoom just isn't an ideal walking around combo any longer. I've been impressed by the small size and excellent image quality of the GF1. - Karen

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Glad to have you here and welcome, Auntiepode! You are clearly not alone in your decision to unburden your neck, and I think you'll find yourself in good company here.:biggrin: I look forward to seeing some of your GF1 shots and to your involvement across the board. :drinks:

3. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    I know how you feel. I've been unburdening my wallet ever since I discovered MFT.

Welcome!

Bokeh Diem

4. Auntiepode

Auntiepode Mu-43 Regular

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome. Now I need to figure out how to post some sample images. Always a learning curve, it seems.

5. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    You can start reading here I guess...
    Site information - Micro Four Thirds User Forum

I started by posting directly to my blog but that space gets eaten up pretty fast and there are file size limitations. If you start uploading to a Gallery, even your own, you will have no limitations on file size, just a ceiling on total usage. Once there, your images can be inserted into your posts at will.

Notwithstanding the above, unless you are trying to make a point about image quality, 1024 longest side works pretty well around here, images 400K and up to a meg.

Bokeh D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Auntiepode

Auntiepode Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for the tips. If I haven't bungled things, I should have posted to the Gallery a sample from my "walking around town" images I've make over the last few weeks.

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Karen - there are quite a few antipodeans here.

8. Auntiepode

Auntiepode Mu-43 Regular

Thanks, Bill! But, so far, only one Auntie-podean. :wink:

9. Muggie

Muggie Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Hi Karen!
    Great images... I am very new to :43: and have been suffering through on-line purchased GF1 delivery challenges for over a week... your photos have me lathering at the bit to get the unit in hand! Welcome... looking forward to seeing more :biggrin:

10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Karen, welcome here !

11. Auntiepode

Auntiepode Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for the welcome, Muggie and Herman!