1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Greetings from the bluegrass state.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Bluegrass, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Bluegrass

Bluegrass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2011
    Greetings from the bluegrass state.

I have been a long time lurker (since the summer of 2010) and finally decided to join in the fun. It was the information gleaned from this forum that influenced my most recent camera purchase, the EPL-1 which I purchased in August of last year. Since dipping my toe into the micro four thirds system, I have found that I have jumped in with both feet as I now own (in addition to the kit lens) the Olympus 40-150; Panasonic 20mm; Panasonic 45mm; and the Panasonic 100-300mm along with the new Oly macro light and two new bags.

I started my photographic hobby with the Canon Elan. Then I became a relative earlier adopter of the digital camera and never looked back. It melded my two loves....technology and photography. My first camera was the Nikon 950 in 1999; followed by the Sony 707 then on to the Canon 40D (with various point and shoots thrown in for good measure). I shoot primarily to please only myself, but occasionally I like to share particularly good shots with family and friends. I most confess that I find that I am my own worse critic and I may have a hard time posting pics. But I acknowledge it was the photos on this site, posted by kind members, that influenced the purchase that is giving me more enjoyment than I have had in a long time. So with a desire to do the same for somebody else, I will try and post a few.

Primarily I wanted to say that you have a rare group of individuals as members of this forum, and I am proud to join the ranks. I hope I measure up.

Kris

• Like Like x 4
  2. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    Welcome Kris! I'm not too far from Kentucky (southern illinois) and must say it's beautiful down in your neck of the woods. Nice set of lenses you've acquired, can't wait to see some of your pictures!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Well, we're proud to have you!

Good job getting out of the shadows. Please do post, you'd be surprised at how many people would enjoy seeing your work. Plus, you ought to pay it forward... yes?

Cheers from New England, Alan

4. GAS* alert!

Welcome to the forum and please do post some pics from your impressive lens collection.

*Gear Acquisition Syndrome

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bluegrass

Bluegrass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2011
    I was born and raised in Illinois and never lived more than 40 miles or so from Illinois.

6. Bluegrass

Bluegrass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2011
    Yes...guilty as charged...much to my husband's chagrin.

7. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Welcome Bluegrass. I was born here in KY. The wife and I. Moved around a lot over the last 45 years. We are retired and "came home" to campbellesville area. Origionally from Casey County, near Lake Cumberland.
    I currently tote an E-p1.

8. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Welcome! I'll be back there in June for our annual family reunion near Lawrenceburg. Even though I have never lived there I have been involved with Kentucky in some fashion for decades. I am even a Kentucky Colonel (though I think everybody in Kentucky gets that sooner or later).

9. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Welcome Kris. I'm in the Bluegrass too (Lexington), but not native (I'm a Limey).

10. Bluegrass

Bluegrass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2011
    Thanks to all for the nice greetings. It's nice to see so many people with different connections to Kentucky. I am in the western part of the state...actually close to Evansville Indiana. While I am not a native Kentuckian, I have found that it is a beautiful state with friendly people and the laid back way of life suits me just fine. Those who have been touched in one way or another by this special place, know intimately of which I speak.

11. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    I work out of Evansville, In and have to travel there for work 3 out of 4 weekends a month, small world! I keep meaning to take some pictures of the river front since they are done all that work to it

12. Bluegrass

Bluegrass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2011
    Small world indeed. The river front is beautiful. I have many fond memories from my college days at UE and the many weekends spent down there (before the riverboat changed the flavor of the place).

13. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome to the non-lurking side of the forum.

Gary

14. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome and hello to you from australia.

15. I'm 99.9999999999% sure there was a missing letter in the last post!

16. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    I fixed it Nic..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Iconindustries

? Was there something wrong

I'm was on my iPhone

18. Just a missing letter that made a word sound completely different. It was actually pretty funny.

PM'd

19. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
  20. Iconindustries

Thanks Allan for the fix up. Posting on my iphone can get a bit scary sometimes. It made me laugh when I found out what it was.:rofl:

• Like Like x 1