Greetings from Sydney

flash

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Gordon
Well, actually about 1 hour north...

Just wanted to say hi. I've been reading some of the old posts and thought that I should at least register.

I have had my EP-1 since just after release. I wasn't going to get one but I just somehow, ..... did. Now I've got the 17mm and Panny 45-200 I picked up off "the bay" last week. I'll be picking up a wide as well but Id mostly do stitches than single shots, so it's not a priority. That's why i originally came looking, to see what to do about the conflicting IS systems, when I got the 45-200.

The EP-1 is the latest in a long line of "personal cameras" (X-pan, Mamyia 7II, Linhoff 617, Olympus XA, Leicas etc..) It's a camera that's there for fun, not work. I'm a wedding and commercial photographer and I average around 100K shots per year. But I like to have a camera that's just for fun but more serious than my Canon G10 etc.

I've really enjoyed the EP-1 and I'm having an absolute blast with the 17mm. 35mm equiv, is not normally a focal length I go for, but I think the optical finder is bringing back what I feel when I shoot with a rangefinder. (I love rangefinders.) I'll probably add a body before the end of the year. An EPL-1 if there's nothing else that can take a proper housing by the time I get around to it.

Anyway, it's nice to be here.

Gordon

flash

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Gordon
Hey Gordon, good to know we got some more Aussie's in the boat. Welcome aboard! I'm up near Toowoomba in Queensland. He far would you be from Camden?
Anyway got to get back to cotton picking.
Cya
icon

I'm the other way. Terrigal if you want to google it. Camden's about 1 hour south west of Sydney.

Regards

Gordon

flash

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Gordon
Gordon, many thanks for becoming a member and introducing yourself here. I do hope you'll post some of your E-P1 photos soon, too. Glad to have you on the board. You've got some fellow Aussies, here as well.:thumbup:

May as well start with this one.

holiday%20pano%201%20small.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's a 7 shot stitch from the South Coast of NSW.

Regards

Gordon

Latest threads

Top Bottom