Greetings from Sydney

flash

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Gordon
Well, actually about 1 hour north...

Just wanted to say hi. I've been reading some of the old posts and thought that I should at least register.

I have had my EP-1 since just after release. I wasn't going to get one but I just somehow, ..... did. Now I've got the 17mm and Panny 45-200 I picked up off "the bay" last week. I'll be picking up a wide as well but Id mostly do stitches than single shots, so it's not a priority. That's why i originally came looking, to see what to do about the conflicting IS systems, when I got the 45-200.

The EP-1 is the latest in a long line of "personal cameras" (X-pan, Mamyia 7II, Linhoff 617, Olympus XA, Leicas etc..) It's a camera that's there for fun, not work. I'm a wedding and commercial photographer and I average around 100K shots per year. But I like to have a camera that's just for fun but more serious than my Canon G10 etc.

I've really enjoyed the EP-1 and I'm having an absolute blast with the 17mm. 35mm equiv, is not normally a focal length I go for, but I think the optical finder is bringing back what I feel when I shoot with a rangefinder. (I love rangefinders.) I'll probably add a body before the end of the year. An EPL-1 if there's nothing else that can take a proper housing by the time I get around to it.

Anyway, it's nice to be here.

Gordon

flash

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Gordon
Gordon, many thanks for becoming a member and introducing yourself here. I do hope you'll post some of your E-P1 photos soon, too. Glad to have you on the board. You've got some fellow Aussies, here as well.:thumbup:
May as well start with this one.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's a 7 shot stitch from the South Coast of NSW.

Regards

Gordon

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom