Greetings from Sydney.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Richard W, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Richard W

Richard W Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Hi All,

Found this forum a couple of weeks ago and have learnt a bit so I thought I would join in.

Around Christmas, a friend of mine showed his new Olympus EP2 fitted with a C-mount Taylor Taylor Hobson cine lens. After about 15 minutes I knew I had to get this camera. So now I have an EP2 with a couple of C-mount Kern Paillard Switar cine lenses (beautiful bokeh), and a leica 28mm F2.8 lens. I am also considering the newly released Voigtlander 12mm F5.6 for a prime lens. I just love this camera/system.

By way of background my first camera as a student was a Konica T4 with a Hexanon 50mm F1.7 lens (also brilliant with adapter on my EP2). I was then immersed in the world of point and shoots for a while before I joined the digital age with my Nikon D200.

A couple of years ago I rediscovered film with a Hasselblad 501C and a Hasselblad Xpan for panoramas.

I hope to learn more with time about micro 4/3 photography. I look forward to my time on this forum.

Thank you for reading.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome to our forum, Richard. I look forward to seeing some of your photography with those lenses!

• Like Like x 2
  3. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Richard, hello and welcome from another Aussie - quite an exotic lens collection you have.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Richard, welcome to the board and I hope you'll become involved in many different areas. There are a few more Aussies hanging around here, as well. :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  6. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Hi Richard and a hardy welcome mate:

no i'm not Aussie but have known afew in my lifetime....

Welcome,

Pete

• Like Like x 2
  7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Richard ! Nice to have you here.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Hey G'day and welcome Richard. Great to have another aussie on board. m43 is certainly the way to go i reckon. I have gone straight from owning a few P&S cameras right onto a GF1. And the image quality has really blown me away.

iconindustries

• Like Like x 2
  9. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Richard. :smile:

• Like Like x 2