Greetings from Sweden

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Recercare, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Recercare

Recercare Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 21, 2012
    Hello guys,

I jumped ship from Pentax a couple of weeks ago and purchased the Panny G3 + Sigma 30/2.8 . I am particularly interested in landscape/animal/portrait and street photography. I am not very experienced but I have done a few paid assignments (wedding and concert photography). I am Norwegian but live in Sweden with my wife and two kids. We also have a dog (Estrela Mountain Dog).

Looking forward to learn more about the m43 system. :2thumbs:

Have a nice day!
    Kind regards
  2. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi Lars
    Welcome from Rob in the UK
    Great to hear from you
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum! If you want a slightly wider landscape lens the 14mm is a very reasonably priced lens. :smile:
  5. Recercare

Recercare Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 21, 2012
    Thanks guys!

Revbob, The 14mm is indeed very inexpensive now so it's a good time to buy it.
    I have also considered the Sigma 19mm, but it's a bit close to the 30mm. For some reason I can't find an inexpensive telephoto prime lens in the 60-100mm range. Quite weird.

Kind regards
  6. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Welcome and cool dog! Share some pictures of he/she in the "for the dog lovers" thread. I'd suggest picking up an adapter for any of the old legacy glass (Pentax, Olympus, Nikon, Minolta, etc.). Since we have a 2x crop factor with m4/3 a common and cheap 50mm becomes an effective 100mm.